• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Zwillich: 'Bowie is the Most Influential Living Musician'

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I would agree with him actually. Taking just artistry into account, David Bowie probably is the most influential musician alive. You can kinda see shades of Bowie's influence in a lot of groundbreaking artists who came after him - MJ, Madonna, the entire New Wave genre of the 80s etc.

Although I suppose it's a little subjective. I would like to think that in terms of philanthropy and civil rights, Bob Dylan probably made more of an impact. But in terms of artistry, I'll give the edge to David Bowie.

PS. Anyone who hates Ziggy Stardust is fucking crazy.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
My reply is different now than it would have been had I posted when you originally made this thread. I spent all day yesterday listening to Bowie, and I'm going to have to agree. Glam rock, new wave, and punk pop owe so much to him. Each time he reinvented himself, a whole new musical movement followed. He was truly a pioneer.