Zumba

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Puck, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I've talked to a few people who are doing Zumba these days and say it's an excellent work out and lots of fun.

Has anyone tried it? If so, what did you think of it?

I'm seriously considering giving it a go, but I'm not convinced it's worth it to spend money on classes or not yet.

For those who have no idea what Zumba is: Zumba — Ditch the workout, Join the party!

2. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I have never tried it, but I really would like to. I think it would be something fun, and I definitely believe it could be a really great workout.

They offer it at the gym in my neighborhood, and I have been thinking about signing up next time they offer it. I mean I can't complain since it is so close.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

From the looks of it it's not a workout, it's a fitness program, there's a fine line between working out and fitness.

It definitely does NOT look like something I'd even want to try. :lol:

4. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

Seems more for the ladies, and classes in general don't really seem like they're for me, at least for now.

I do have a good friend that LOVES Zumba. She really enjoys it and swears by it.

5. Vixen

Vixen Registered Member

I've been thinking about trying it too. Got told it doesn't work though.

6. Arathald

Arathald Registered Member

I've been trying Zumba for a short time right now, and it's absolutely incredible. It's a great cardio workout, and it's a lot of fun. There's a lot of hip action, so it really works your midsection and core.

The 'sculpt and tone' workout is also really good -- you're supposed to use special 'toning' sticks, which are like light dumbbells crossed with maracas, but I don't use those, I just do the motions without them. The surprising thing is that every time I've done the workout, I feel like I've lifted weights, both right after, and in the days following.

Edit:
    It is true that the program is designed a bit more for the ladies, but guys can use it very effectively too, although I could see why a lot of (especially straight) guys would be a bit uncomfortable with it...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010