Zombie Apocalypse...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HalfEatenSurprise, Oct 4, 2010.

1. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

...Let's face it, this could never happen.

I don't mean it couldn't because they are made up beings.
    I mean, it couldn't because thanks to the overwhelming amount of content dedicated to them, if an outbreak did begin it would be contained and mopped up more or less instantly. ---
    Although, maybe if instigated in a third world country, it may take longer... But I doubt it would be much of a problem...

Please discuss this point:

And furthermore,
    I know there are some zombie fanatics out there. I am an enthusiast myself, and heck, this subject has pretty much been converted into its own genre. There are many many fans of it, whether indulging in films and books or whatever...

Anyway, I'm reckoning that there are some that have devised some sort of method for surviving the zombie horde should it arise in their area. They have hatched an idea to resist them. A place to hide, supplies to collect, people to save...
    Please detail it if you have.

Thanks.

2. ssvs04

ssvs04 Registered Member

Well if its anything like the movies where there slow and dumb. Then my house is pretty secure. I have one year of food supplies thats good for twenty years of storage. And 10,000 rounds of ammo for each of the different pistols and rifles I have. And a portable solar generator for the next big hurricanes to hit Florida. I dont ever want to be without electric for 3 weeks after the last hurricanes. I mean it shouldnt be a problem to wait these things out before the just fall apart. If its going to be like the movies.

3. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I would go to my favorite bar if the zombie apocalypse ever happened. The main reason I would do that is because it is connected to a gun shop and have access to virtually unlimited ammo. I feel really safe in that bar and we can lock doors pretty easily and have access to all the guns if we need it. Also alcohol is a plus.:)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  4. ssvs04

ssvs04 Registered Member

You have a bar connected to a gun store! Man im pro gun all the way but that seems a bit weird. LOL! Is this in texas.;)

5. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Yes I am in Texas. :lol:

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Shotguns are so stereotypical... low round count and takes forever to reload. That'd be the last thing I want when there are hoards of the undead.

First thing I'd do is board the house up... I'd grab at least 2 of my handguns, and my AK-47 with extra mags and raid the grocery store.

I'd back my car into the front door, then board it up after we unload...

Then I'd just sit back in my attic with a six pack and my Mosin Nagant and have a field day with the zombies.

Oh... and this is how you kill a zombie.

YouTube - How to Kill a ZOMBIE! (HD)

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I disagree... I think that it would be a very very tough situation. One that ONLY 3rd world Countries are prepared to handle.

Really Think about it.... How do you "Mop up" hordes of Zombies? Last time I checked, the most effective method of doing so is disabling them, throwing them in a Pit and burning them to ashes.

Now think hard... when was the last time a group of Humans was Wrangled up, thrown in a Pit, and burned to ashes?

I think its very safe to say that Hitler has truly fucked the world over when it comes to handling the Zombie Apocalypse Properly. The ACLU would be all over Zombie Segregation and Zombie Rights. I mean they're Humans too right?

And this is why I say 3rd World Countries are better off.... They tend to have less issue with things like Genocide and Children working in Ammo Factories and/or doubling as Expendable Soldiers. Third World Countries, although behind in Technology... are ahead of the Curve mentally when it comes to dealing with a Zombie Apocalypse. They'll consort their local Witch Doctor who will then be handing out AK-47's and Grenades with instructions to "Shoot the Devils on Site" and "Bring back a Finger Bone or two so I can cast a spell of Fortitude over whats left of your family".

Me.... I'd go to the closest Wal*Mart in the most effected area as I could. For a few reasons.

1) The most effected area = The worst hunk of Damage they can bring. If you can handle that... you can survive them because it never gets worse than the Epicenter.

2) The most effected area = The least populated with uninfected Humans... Humans create an issue when it comes to the Zombie Apocalypse. At what time is it ok to Murder and Loot for your own safety? Sure I'd like to just go to my local Wal*Mart and Kill off all the people taking solace in it.... but doesnt that make me just as bad as the Zombies themselves? So instead I choose a Wal*mart thats already been over ran so that all I have to do is clear it of the Zombies themselves.

3) Why Wal*Mart? Name another store in the United States of America that is a better source of EVERYTHING you would need to prolong your survival during any Apocalypse for that matter? Wal*Marts have Food, Shelter, Ammunition, Weapons, Water, Construction Equipment, Agriculture Equipment to Grow More food when the Box food goes bad, Entertainment for the long days, and other sorts of Devious items that could be used both Offensively and Defensively against Waves of Zombies.

As far as People to save goes... I'm afraid the only person I'd save would be my Fiancee. I have to assume that Groups of people are the first thing a Zombie would attack. Because thats the first thing I would attack. Groups are both Strong and Weak depending on the amount of Terror you've caused them. Zombies rank a solid 8.5 on my Terror-O-meter so that means that inexperience Groups will be very Terrified and thus very weak. The Zombies will know this and will likely pick them apart easily.

Also the less people I'm responsible for... the more likely I'll be to expand my range to collect other resources in my surrounding Neighborhood outside of my Wal*Mart Castle.

AnitaKnapp and Konshentz like this.
  8. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Buy a boat. A sailboat. No fuel needed, infinite range. Fish for food, and keep Emergen-c packets for weeks and weeks of vitamin c supply. I can work my way south, and hopefully find an uninhabited island in the Caribbean.

And, you can work on your tan!

Icegoat has a very valid point. 3rd World countries are the masters of murdering lots of people. Now they walk at slow speed, and are killed all the faster.

But, if I had to be on land, I'd work my way to either northern Maine or SOuth Dakota. Maine has a HUGE gun following, becuase the lot of them hunt for their food and have to defend themselves against bears, and the population density is comparatively low.

Konshentz likes this.
  9. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

I disagree with you. An alert of people being mauled to death, eaten and then coming to life would look ridiculous at first, but soon enough people would recognise it for what it was and the army would step in and blow the bastards away.

Third world country witch doctor's seems a little ridiculous too. I mean, there's a lot of these places out there. And furthermore, I suspect that an alert to their respective 'protective body' would take more time. I still reckon if it was a full blown undead assault, somebody would step in.

As for survival, where I live (The UK) it is hard to find a place with EVERYTHING you need, especially weaponry and even more especially guns. Whereas, from sources I've read shooting like billy-o at your undead foe is rather suicidal as the undead will know where you are. Killing them silently is the key, with a silencer it means getting close for definite effect (as it probably would for a mediocre shooter with a normal gun), and by which point you may as well take care of them with a machete. Which is one thing I would get hold of in such a crisis. Apparently it is the best thing to do them in with...

Although I do not know. I have not contemplated what I would do in such a situation, as I prety much know it will not happen. Although, I also know what a zombie would generally look like, and would avoid if spotted, like drunk people. That is the main aim of course. Avoid.

10. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Every one says they want a freakin machete! I honestly can't think of a WORSE weapon than a machete. They are heavy and unwieldy. You will lose energy quickly hauling one around. Chopping through a corpse/zombie with one is alot more difficult than cutting through Bamboo.

If you want an edged weapon, a Hatchet is far better. Though also unwieldy, they aren't nearly as heavy, and have pretty much the same range.

However, the ideal edged weapon is either the Katana or the bayonet.
    Katana's are relatively light, with fine blades that hardly ever need sharpening, and the bayonet is extremely light and attaches to a rifle, and are often multi tools as well. So, the best bladed weapon very well could be a bayonet.