Zimbabwe unemployment soars to 94%

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Bjarki, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Now that's a crisis! :sick:

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

And why is Mugabe still heading even after an obvious economic mismanagement? Oh yeah, because it's supposedly other countries' fault...

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

That's brilliant. Take the farms away from the farmers just to give them to the black people that don't have the equipment and knowhow to run a farm. Oh, that's going to back fire? Fuck it! Let's ask America for their money! Wait, they're broke too? Shit.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

It's crazy, because at one point and time Zimbabwe was projected to be the democratic diamond of Africa, and now...well now it hardly counts as a country. There needs to be some serious reform in that country, and I'd hate to say it, but I think atleast one form of coup is due.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I can agree that is insane, I mean heck the great depression in the US was a panick and If I recal right unemployment was only at 40%+/-. ANything in the 90's just screams for a need of reform. But then again even if they did stage a coup.... where would they get the funds to reform their gov't? That just opens them up for more corruption and dissapointment as their country gets sold to the highest bidder basically.