Zeppelin World Tour?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Doc, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Anyone else want to be around to see them tour one last time? I know it's not the same as when they hit their peak in the 70's, and John Bohnam is dead, but I still would love to see their show at least once before they call it quits for good.

Over 1,000,000 people tried to get tickets for a 7,000 ticket show. I know any world tour tickets would be hella expensive, but I think they'd be worth it in the long run.

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I totally would see them live, Jason Bonham is scary good like his dad on the drums. The latest rumor I've heard was a possible multiple dates stay at Madison Square Garden. This rumor is talking about anywhere from 3 dates to a "residency" at MSG.

3. Ymir-GF

Ymir-GF Registered Member

Though I would not go to New York City just to see Led Zeppelin, I would heartily encourage anyone who has not seen them to drop everything and attend their concert if ever they should happen by your town.

I saw them twice in the 70's and Robert Plant solo once (with Phil Collins on drums) and they are absolutely deafening, lol. Their shows traditionally ran for 3 plus hours and started fast and furious and stayed that way throughout. It is exhausting just listening.

One tail I like to empart is in regards to the song, "Stairway to Heaven". You see, both times I saw them perform this treasure I was stunned and perhaps another fitting adjective as well. Hehe. The quiet opening to the song, is anything but. Each note is like a thunderclap and your head almost blows off when the drums kick in a short ways in. When the quitar solo occurs at the end of the song... your brain is put on frape and you are left rattling and just a bit more than just dazed, but not terribly confused.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Seeing as I live in NY, I hope the rumors I've heard are true. And if they do come true I might go on more than one night as it might be the last time they performed live.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd definitely try to see them if they ever come to Chicago and tickets are under $100.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i'd pay up to $200 a ticket to see them live

7. Ymir-GF

Ymir-GF Registered Member

Try not to choke, but my first Led Zeppelin ticket was $3.50 and the second was I think $7.50 and we sat in front of the stage both times, lol.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow that's incredibly cheap. I'm not the biggest Led Zepplin fan but I would love to see them in concert.

Stairway to Heaven is one of my favorite songs, and I believe everything you said about them singing it live YMIR, I bet it was just phenomenal.

Also your lucky to see Robert Plant live, and even luckier to see him live and have Phil Collins has the drummer. Collins is one of the best drummers of all time, I bet that was simply amazing.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Now, if only they'll take the millions of dollars that they are going to make from this tour... or decide to just not do it. It's not like anyone really wants to go... right? Oh, wait, people do want to go and do want to pay large sums of money.

10. MrPancake13

MrPancake13 You, sir, are an ASSHAT!!

i love classic rock and zeppelin is my favorite band. i wouldnt be able to fly anywhere to see them, but if they land in SC, i would probably go!