Zendikar

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Wade8813, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Anyone else been paying attention to the new MtG set?

I'm almost completely underwhelmed - but I've been completely wrong when evaluating new cards, just like everyone else.

What are your thoughts?

2. Vatiel

Vatiel New Member

Hello, Wade.

I've sifted through Zendikar awhile, for it's commons. I play Pauper, which is a Common only format. And from what i've seen, i'm quite impressed.

We have:
    - Ability lands
    - Goblin Bushwhacker
    - Guul draz Vampire
    - Vampire Lacerator
    - Into the Roil

That's just a bit of the quite good commons. There are also things like Harrow, etc.

Anyway, there are enough cards which make Zendikar a worthy expansion, for example the Fetch lands. Even though, i'm not a fan of those. And many more, interesting cards.

All in all, I guess it depends on your taste. It's not a bad set, and not necassarily underwhelming. But as with every expansion, you have people who like it, and see it;s power level, some who don't, and some who don't pick a side.

I could review the usefulness of the cards but it would take so long. D:

Regards,

-V

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Welcome to GF!

I mostly play Constructed, so that would change the card analysis a bit. The common ability lands are pretty useful, and you play them, but they're pretty minor effects.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Vampires definitely got stronger. I playtested a new vamp deck of my own and it crushed the competition. I'm hoping to test it out this Friday.