NES Zelda II: Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, May 5, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Well I'm sure that anybody who plays zelda a lot of the time has heard of this game (Zelda II: The adventure of Link). Before I ever played this game I considered myself to be a zelda fan but then Echoes convinced me that it would be a good idea to play it. Toward the beginning this game was annoyingly hard, actually now that I think about it the entire game was annoyingly hard.

This game is very overlooked and a lot of people just never played it. It's a great addition to the Zelda series and I would recommend it to any zelda fan out there. It's assuredly the hardest zelda game I've ever played in my life. But I have not played every zelda game ever made just most of them.

What are everyones thoughts on this game? I personally thought that it was a very good game.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It was the first Zelda game I ever owned, so naturally it's one of my favorites. It's definitely one of the most underrated games in the series. Most people just don't like it because it's so hard.

3. padd

padd Registered Member

My frend had this game. I dont know if he still does because i havent been over in a few years but i remeber he lent it to me a few years back, with the NES system and all.. It was fun, for as much as i played. I liked the fights in this game, and the side scrolling made things easier and less complicated.

I'm not 100% sure, but this is the game the topic's about right?

[​IMG]

4. Major

Yes, that's the one.

5. Kelmvor

Kelmvor New Member

I LOVE this game, as I did all Zelda games. I remember playing through and fighting Shadow Link. YEs it was hard, espcially getting that Damn hammer :) FUn game though.

6. Major

Yeah, getting the hammer is probably the biggest challenge for most first time players. I think most people give up before that. After you get the hammer the game is a lot easier until the last couple levels.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah the hammer was the second most challenging part of the game for me, the hardest part was to finish that last level, it was crazy how big it was and how lost you could get.

I think that most of the game was equally challenging.;)

8. orbitalcows

orbitalcows Registered Member

I played it a long time ago. It was an interesting idea, but the game somehow wasn't as fun as other Legend of Zelda games.

I never beat it. I remember that there was one place that I couldn't jump to with the Jump spell, and I gave up. I actually looked it up the other day and saw that there was a Fairy spell that I was supposed to use but had never found.

9. Kelmvor

Kelmvor New Member

LoL I remember that spot. I don't remember how old I was when I played this game originally but it was on the NES so I was a wee little one. SEVERAL spots are like maaaan I dont wanna play this, but I would have to say that the whole trip to get the hammer is ICK! especially for me as I always went as SOON as I possible could.

10. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

It's a great game, but incredibly hard, even compared to the rest of the series. It took me years to finally beat it. I could never quite get that last boss until I eventually got lucky. Ah, good times, though.