• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3ds Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Who's going to be buying this? I'm not buying it yet, since I'm still stuck in Ocarina of Time and won't buy another Zelda game until I finish that, but I am going to the midnight launch with some friends who are getting it. I've been hearing some really good reviews. If I finish Ocarina and enjoy playing it this will probably be the next Zelda game I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

dDave

V.I.P.
A Link Between Worlds is an overhead view Zelda game, Ocarina of Time is 3rd person follow, not the same thing. The games play very differently.

I will very likely be getting this game when I get around to getting a 3DS, it's definitely caught my eye. My personal favorite Zelda game is A Link to the Past and this one is the first game that looks like a true sequel to that one in particular. (it's only been 20 years, good enough wait, right? :lol:)

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm buying it. In fact, I'm putting it on preorder. I don't wanna miss out!

I'm loving all the good things I'm reading about it so far, like being able to complete dungeons in any order you want, the item rental system, the lack of hand holding... sounds like they've tried to shake things up a tad with this one!

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Any idea when you might be getting the 3DS Dave? It'll be good to have more friends on my console.

Only one night away now until my cities midnight launch for this game. I'll make sure to take photos for you guys.

dDave

V.I.P.
Any idea when you might be getting the 3DS Dave? It'll be good to have more friends on my console.

Only one night away now until my cities midnight launch for this game. I'll make sure to take photos for you guys.
You should take 3D photos to share with us ;)

I'm going to give a tentative date and say Thursday December 12 is the day I'll get the 3DS, right after my last final that day. Who knows though? I might cave before then or something may come up and I won't be able to get it that day.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's a good idea. I originally bought my 3DS last year on the last day of University for the year, when I had handed in all my assignments.

Haha I'll try take some 3D ones, but they never really come up well. I'll probably just use my phone mostly.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Can't wait to see the photos, Cru. :)

Only two more sleeps to go! I'd better hurry up and complete Ocarina of Time before then... or at least get most of it finished. I've a feeling I'm not going back to it once I have this new Zelda in my hands! :D

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Totally excited for this game after watching the IGN video review! I'll probably pick this up during christmas or something! It's a shame I won't be able to view the 3D features though, but it shouldn't be too much of a deterrent on the Nintendo 2DS! Hopefully!

Taliesin

Registered Member
Be strong Eph, just don't put the new one in until you finish OoT again.
The temptation will be overwhelming, but I'll try. :D