• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Zack Ryder

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people believe that Zack Ryder will be future endevored since he hasn't done much as of late. Just wanted to start a general thought thread about Ryder. What are your thoughts on Ryder? Do you believe the WWE should give him a US/IC Title push? Do you believe he's going to get realeased soon?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The fact McMahon had "Ryder = ratings" signs removed makes me believe he's all but gone.

Which is ridiculous considering how over he is...well, over on twitter at least. He deserves a shot.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree Millz. He's so over right now, his video's on Youtube are hilarious. I believe that he deserves a chance to feud for the US Title or IC Title. The man is a decent wrestler, his charisma is one of the best in the business today, and he's good on the stick. I really hope he doesn't get released because he's a good wrestler to have on the roster in my opinion.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I freaking love the guy. He is great on the mic, and gets a reception. I think it is stupid on the part of the WWE to not at least get him on TV more, even a squash match is enough for me. If he gets released soon, I am boycotting wrestling as a whole, well namely WWE, until Extreme Rules.

WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I pretty much echo what you three have said...I really think that both Ryder and Hawkins have been overlooked since their tag team broke up, and I think that both have the skills to pay the bills lol. Ryder has the more "in your face" personality going, and I really don't see why Vince wouldn't want to give him a try in a US/IC title picture...if not only to put over a current champ. If given that shot, I think he could definitely impress and get further pushes.

With both he and Hawkins, sometimes I think that the most job security would be a reunion as a tag team (or even the formation of a small unit with their buddy Trent Barreta). I'd like to see all three guys getting a shot higher up on the card (in the mid card), to be honest. Grouping them together might provide more face-time, relevance, and security. The WWE has used the three for a long time with FCW, so they know their capabilities together...then again, with tag team wrestling, maybe that would be a bad thing for them.

Part of me wonders with all of the fan following Long Island Iced Z is getting if a face turn wouldn't be perfect for him as a way to get over. Sometimes turns happen a lot at this time of year, and if the fans are legit cool with him it would be a good idea and a good opportunity.

I really hope he's not released, but I also really hope that if he is he goes straight to TNA. I want to see this guy somewhere. I mean "c'mon bro, are you serious?" He's the guy that retired Tommy Dreamer from WWECW!!

As KSF said, WWWYKI.

(P.S. - I'd like to reiterate that I think it's complete B.S. that the WWE takes away fan's signs. If it's offensive or illegal to have a sign up, sure, take it. If it's freedom of speech in terms of supporting your favorite guy on the roster, it shouldn't matter if it's Yoshi Tatsu or John Cena. For a company that so proudly wraps itself in the American flag, it's being pretty damn hypocritical).

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Part of me wonders with all of the fan following Long Island Iced Z is getting if a face turn wouldn't be perfect for him as a way to get over. Sometimes turns happen a lot at this time of year, and if the fans are legit cool with him it would be a good idea and a good opportunity.
It could be a bit risky. If he is drafted to SD, then that is a possibility. Not if he stays on Raw.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought I'd bump this thread with all of the interest in Ryder as of late.

He didn't get his own spot on Monday Night Raw, but he was teaching John Cena - the current WWE Champion - how to fistpump before he walked towards the ring (in a backstage segment). John was smiling and laughing, vs. being annoyed or rolling his eyes. In the real world, John was tweeting about it and clearly seems to be a fan of Long Island Iced Z - or at least he likes the guy.

I think this bodes well for Zack...even though he hasn't wrestled on TV, this is a big step up as far as random appearances. He's getting pops, and tons of signs in the crowd.

Personally, I see a face turn and TV time coming up for him. I think that will work and will be awesome.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The fist pumping was hilarious. I follow both Cena and Ryder on tweeter, and Cena is definitely a fan. I personally believe he's still employed because he's such a big hit with the fans, something along the lines of Santino. I still don't know why the WWE doesn't want to give him a chance though. There's a lot wrestlers on Raw that he could have some good matches with, but no he's only on Superstars, and it makes me angry.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The fist pumping was hilarious. I follow both Cena and Ryder on tweeter, and Cena is definitely a fan. I personally believe he's still employed because he's such a big hit with the fans, something along the lines of Santino. I still don't know why the WWE doesn't want to give him a chance though. There's a lot wrestlers on Raw that he could have some good matches with, but no he's only on Superstars, and it makes me angry.
As one half of the Edgeheads it's a coincidence, but Zack (and Hawkins in some ways) reminds me of a young Edge or Christian. That's what I'm hoping for in the case of his career. If he's more comedic with character that's fine - that's really what his style has moved towards, after all - but I would hope he's more like E&C were as a tag team. Funny in character but amped up and great in the ring.

I'd really prefer this vs. Santino, who's comedic in and out of the ring and hard to take seriously ever. Ryder has the wrestling ability, IMO (he's been proving it since ECW), to do that.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wooo wooo wooo, you know it! I love that there are so many signs in the crowd. I love that he interacted with Cena but I love more that Cena acknowledged him on twitter and said that was the best part of RAW for him haha

Obviously Vince sees this, right? Will he actually do something? I dunno.