Yup...another PPV change

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, May 27, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Appears that WWE Unforgiven (the September PPV) will now be called "Breaking Point" and will be an all submission match PPV. Unforgiven has been around since 1998...they should have gotten rid of Cyber Sunday. Oh well I like the idea of the PPV at least.

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah i saw this earlier and i wasn't too fond of it. I don't like getting rid of Unforgiven, it's one of the classic PPV names, AND i'm not big on the idea that all the top matches on the card will be submission matches. You need two great technical wrestlers to have an entertaining submissions match, and with the main eventers WWE has at the moment, i don't think it's gonna be the most entertaining show.

(I'm dreading the Big Show v Cena submission match at Extreme Rules....)

3. Millz

I love that they are paying attention to the technical aspect of wrestling but you're right that some guys just cannot pull it off. I think its a cool idea though and I like the name...my biggest beef is getting rid of the Unforgiven name.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was a big fan of the name Unforgiven, but I dont really mind the change, I think Breaking Point sounds pretty cool.

I agree they should change Cyber Sunday, because thats the dumbest name they have today.

5. Millz

Its not the name I hate but the idea...that idea was cool at first but it stupid now. Its just a filler PPV and its dumb. They could do something like that on RAW or something.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I miss Halloween Havoc. That was a good name.

Um... for this, Breaking Point is a good change. Doesn't sound bad when you say it out loud, y'know?

And, what's with Extreme Rules name change? THAT is just... too Jeff Hardy-ish, and even though I like Jeff it shouldn't be a PPV name. Ugh. >.<;

For the record, I like Cyber Sunday. =D