• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Yugioh CotD Thursday, November 2nd, 2006: Dragon's Mirror

Turbo

Registered Member
After taking some time to think through some personal issues, I'm back with CotD and a card that got me and a team mate of mine off-guard at the last regionals we attended.

This card got me and my team mate hot under the color because it has a nasty combo with its effect:
Remove from play, from your side of the field or your Graveyard. Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Dragon-Type Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon).

As you can see, this card is a dragon version of Overload Fusion. Now at first thought you think that there aren't many dragon fusions worthy of use until you reach King Dragun. He allows you to special summon another dragon type monster to the field each turn from your hand AND protects dragons from being targeted by magic, traps, and monster effects.

Now add in Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6 and you have locked down the field with pure abuse. And once Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6 destroys an opponents monster you can upgrade it to Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8 for the final lockdown outside of a non-targeting trap card activation.

This card has produced an interesting deck build that could be a threat if all bugs are worked out.

Advanced: 3 out of 5
Traditional: 2 out of 5

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
You neglected 2 other powerful uses for Dragon's mirror. Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Five Headed Dragon. After that dragon fusions suck.

Turbo

Registered Member
Both good, but Five Headed Dragon is tougher to toss in. Add Victory Dragon, coming next month in Shonen Jump, and that deck can be very dangerous.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
See, in an Armed Dragon deck, getting dragons into the grave for Five Headed Dragon is incredibly easy making a mid-game Five Headed really easy.

S

Scyanyde666

Heh, actually it was just you...I got caught with first turn Stein, blah blah blah...DOES NOT COMPUTE!!