Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Game Anime Sequel Confirmed

Vegito728

Registered Member
"The Japanese website of Konami Digital Entertainment has confirmed on Thursday that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, the newest television series in the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga, card game, and [FONT=DejaVu Sans, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][FONT=DejaVu Sans, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]anime [/FONT][/FONT]franchise, will premiere in Japan on April 2. The story will takes place several decades after the adventures of Yūgi Mutō, the protagonist of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! story. It will center around Yūsei Fudō, a duelist who operates a red motorcycle-like D-Wheel in a new stadium game called Riding Duel. The players ride Duel Disks in this variation of the previous tournaments. Joining Yūsei are his childhood friends, the twins Rua and Ruka. He faces his Riding Duel rival, Jack "King" Atlas, and Aki Izayoi, a mysterious girl who can invoke supernatural powers during duels."

I know we have some Yugioh fans here. But it sounds kind of stupid......I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Turbo

Registered Member
This is as sad a when they tried to make a dice version of Yugioh through the character of Duke Devlin, I hope this comes on in the states so I can laugh my ass off at it.

At least Yugioh GX was decent with the school idea, but riding....how do you keep cards from flying away by the wind?

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
Original Yugioh Idea-> not bad but not amazing
GX--> slightly more original and entertaining but not amazing
5D---> WOW DUMBEST IDEA EVER

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
RIDING duel discs? Okay, unless this is just like, having a Duel disc that you fly in on and then you turn it into a normal duel disc, i'm not watching it. This is just plain ridiculous.

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
Well then again it is taking a ridiculous premise (a show about a children's card game) and making it just insanely ridiculous

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
But this is like...george clooney ridiculous. It's not even slightly entertaining anymore, it's just a stupid idea now. It's like watching Looney Tunes then watching Loonatics Unleashed.