Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Game Anime Sequel Confirmed

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

"The Japanese website of Konami Digital Entertainment has confirmed on Thursday that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, the newest television series in the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga, card game, and [FONT=DejaVu Sans, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][FONT=DejaVu Sans, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]anime [/FONT][/FONT]franchise, will premiere in Japan on April 2. The story will takes place several decades after the adventures of Yūgi Mutō, the protagonist of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! story. It will center around Yūsei Fudō, a duelist who operates a red motorcycle-like D-Wheel in a new stadium game called Riding Duel. The players ride Duel Disks in this variation of the previous tournaments. Joining Yūsei are his childhood friends, the twins Rua and Ruka. He faces his Riding Duel rival, Jack "King" Atlas, and Aki Izayoi, a mysterious girl who can invoke supernatural powers during duels."

I know we have some Yugioh fans here. But it sounds kind of stupid......I could be wrong though.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

This sounds incredibly stupid.

Riding duels?

So glad I'm not into this anymore.

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Haha, my thoughts exactly. The show has always sucked though. Nothing like the actual card game.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

This is as sad a when they tried to make a dice version of Yugioh through the character of Duke Devlin, I hope this comes on in the states so I can laugh my ass off at it.

At least Yugioh GX was decent with the school idea, but riding....how do you keep cards from flying away by the wind?

5. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Original Yugioh Idea-> not bad but not amazing
    GX--> slightly more original and entertaining but not amazing
    5D---> WOW DUMBEST IDEA EVER

6. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

RIDING duel discs? Okay, unless this is just like, having a Duel disc that you fly in on and then you turn it into a normal duel disc, i'm not watching it. This is just plain ridiculous.

7. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Well then again it is taking a ridiculous premise (a show about a children's card game) and making it just insanely ridiculous

8. Clear_Note

But this is like...george clooney ridiculous. It's not even slightly entertaining anymore, it's just a stupid idea now. It's like watching Looney Tunes then watching Loonatics Unleashed.

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

this is gonna fail hard, i hope they don't use it to market the card game cause it'll kill the game.

10. Clear_Note

The only way this will benefit the card game is the introduction of the synchro monsters.