Youtube to take down all AMVs!

Vegito728

Registered Member
"Many AMV editors submit their works to YouTube as it allows for straightforward uploading and viewing process. Due to the popularity and large user base of the site, YouTube is an option for an editor whose goal is heavy non-traditional AMV viewership and wide proliferation of their work. However, some creators have expressed an aversion to using the site to host their works due to the high level of video stream compression applied by YouTube. Also due to copyright laws, AMV's are no longer allowed on Youtube. As of December 1, 2007 all AMVs on YouTube will be deleted and any future uploads beyond December 1 will be rejected. So, watch them while you can!"

All I got to say is WTF. I mean really AMVs do a lot for getting people into anime and I've always enjoyed watching them. Stupid Youtube.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
animemusicvideos.org is a much better site for amvs, but Youtube is great for a quick fix. I still don't think they should take them down but Youtube is starting to crack down on stuff more these days.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Well anime fansubs are still on youtube...I remember a year ago I watched an episode of Melancholy on it because I missed an episode in the series and the schools firewall blocked bittorrent.

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
"Many AMV editors submit their works to YouTube as it allows for straightforward uploading and viewing process. Due to the popularity and large user base of the site, YouTube is an option for an editor whose goal is heavy non-traditional AMV viewership and wide proliferation of their work. However, some creators have expressed an aversion to using the site to host their works due to the high level of video stream compression applied by YouTube. Also due to copyright laws, AMV's are no longer allowed on Youtube. As of December 1, 2007 all AMVs on YouTube will be deleted and any future uploads beyond December 1 will be rejected. So, watch them while you can!"

All I got to say is WTF. I mean really AMVs do a lot for getting people into anime and I've always enjoyed watching them. Stupid Youtube.
WHAT THE...?!

This sucks. I have 18 AMVs that I now have to upload to dailymotion. ><

Also, all the the really good ones that are old are gonna be gone forever because the person who made it probably doesn't know about what's going on or doesn't use thier profile anymore.

How is an AMV a violation of copyright, anyway?! If I upload a 1/2 minute clip of Megaman NT warrior, it's copyright infringement too?

Why can't youtube understand how hard it is to really make a good AMV? And then they just kill it?! WTH. The only reason to go on youtube now is to watch The Wine Kone, or AVGN.