• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Youtube Makeover

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Has anyone seen the complete youtube overhaul yet? Do you like it or dislike it? It will take a lot to get used to. The new homepage is pretty cool, but as far as your personal channel goes I'm finding it difficult to locate even basic things, like my subscribers.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I'm not sure if I have the complete overhaul yet, but from what I've seen, I don't mind. I wish I could get rid of the videos I've already seen though. And the number of people I'm subscribed to seem to be fluctuating.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm still trying to figure out how to edit my channel. I wan my subscribers, my subscriptions and my favourites on my channel. You'd think that'd be an easy thing to do. But with this new layout I can't seem to do. In fact I can't locate my list of subscribers anywhere at all with the new layout.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Can't you just click your username on the top-right drop down menu and select 'my channel'? Subscribers are still in their own little box. The drop down menu still has everything I need.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
My dropdown menu has 'subscriptions' but not subscribers. And the only way I used to access my subscribers was when I was on my channel. This new layout would actually be pretty good if they just added a friend tab and a subscribers/subscriptions tab. I also like to just be able to see what people have subscribed to someone etc, but now it's like this big secret that they are covering up or something.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I like the old one better but only because I don't like change... I'm sure the new one will grow on me. I only ever go on youtube to watch things in my sub box though so I never go on my own profile. That part doesn't even look different for me.

The only thing I don't like really is that it appears the 'Watched' icon doesn't show up anymore once you view a video in your subscriptions.

*Edit: Ooh I just saw I can click to have the new design on my profile page too. Yeah, that looks confusing but as I said, sure I'll get used to it and not bothered about my own channel anyway.

Last edited:

Dekzper

Registered Member
The new look grew on me. :) and now I can't get out! :-o Does anyone have a can opener?

Actually I think the new look totally kicks! :D I haven't had much time to explore My Channel yet but since I'm home sick for the weekend, I'll def be checking it out now!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I hate it. I liked it way they had it, and it worked.

They can change up the frontpage, but they can't fix the automatic uploader, 0% published, or sub box problems? Hah.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Well, there were a lot of features I didn't check out till today. The old "My Channel" was a ton better than the new one. And friends and subscribers are harder to find. I think the new Youtube was a downgrade, not an upgrade.