• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics Your voting record?

dDave

V.I.P.
Anybody that's voted has one. What's yours?

I've only voted in one election so mine is rather small. (gonna be voting in 2014 when it comes up as well)

-Mitt Romney (President)
-Doug Lamborn (Representative)
-Amy Stephens (State Representative)

Those are the only three people I remember off of the ballot, honestly they're the only three that really matter. This last election cycle Colorado didn't vote for a senator, it's a real shame because I despise both of our senators.

What's your voting record?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
In the last Australian election I voted for the Australian Sex Party, and I plan to do so again in the upcoming one. Australia pretty much has no good candidates up for the major job right now, so I'd rather vote against all of them. The Sex Party have some good policies that I agree with anyway.

dDave

V.I.P.
The sex party? I've never heard of that. What kinds of things do they believe in that you agree with?

Also, as I stated in another thread, I'm a noob at politics in other countries. What are the major parties there and what do they believe?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The two major ones are Labor and Liberal. Liberal is currently headed by biggest douche of the Universe, one Mr Tony Abbot. While Labor keeps flipping around between Julia Gillard, our former PM, and Kevin Rudd, our current AND former PM. Both of them are useless too.

Then there's the Greens, who are more environmentally inclined and the Sex Party who just do whatever the hell they want.

Some of the biggest issues now are climate change, refugee's and what to do with the boats of asylum seekers that keep landing on our shores, carbon tax etc.

I don't agree with all of the Sex Partie's policies, but I do some. Some of the ones I agree with are:

Lagalising Voluntary Euthenasia
Makes Same Sex Marriage Legal
No Data Retention, more Online Privacy
Uniform Censorship
Their abortion views
Their view on Churches and that they should have to pay their fair share of tax.

I dunno the list goes on. But like I said I am mostly voting for them because both Labor and Liberal are really uninviting to me right now.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I haven't voted yet since I turned 18 so the September 7th campaign will be my first and I am not going to be voting for either, but for Clive Palmer's Party, just for the shits and giggles.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha Clive Palmer seems like an airhead sometimes, at least he's entertaining. I think most people will be like you and I Aleks. Most people our age anyway. We will just be voting against Labor and Liberal, rather than really voting for anyone. I would be greatly embarrassed as an Australian if Tony Abbot ever became PM.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Haha Clive Palmer seems like an airhead sometimes, at least he's entertaining. I think most people will be like you and I Aleks. Most people our age anyway. We will just be voting against Labor and Liberal, rather than really voting for anyone. I would be greatly embarrassed as an Australian if Tony Abbot ever became PM.
I just don't care about the things they offer, I really don't care about the asylum seekers as much as those do that protest. The only thing that could get me to vote for Rudd is the fact that he has said in the past that he supports gay marriage and mind you, he did this while trying to weasel his way in and knock Julia Gillard of her perch. The question remains, does he still believe that homosexuals should have equal rights as the rest of Australians? If he does decide to legalize same sex marriage RIGHT now, it would work wonders for him and his party. I think Australian politicians underestimate how many same sex marriage supporters there are living in Australia as well as same sex relationships who are dying to tie the knot. As for Abbott, he is just a git, annoying idiot who is in it for the money and nothing else.

It will be a very interesting campaign in terms of ads shown and places they go to. There is a picture floating around Twitter/Facebook of Tony Abbott kissing the head of a lady holding a baby. It's the most awkward thing I have ever seen in my life. What is the point of kissing people while on the campaign? It won't get you votes.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I've only been able to vote once, because of my age, and that was in the last election. I voted for Obama. And yes, I do regret that. Although the only candidate wasn't any better imo.

I was born on November 6, 1990. During the first election that Obama ran in, I was 17. Voting was on November 4th. My 18th birthday was two days later. I missed and couldn't vote. I was pissed...

This past election, I voted on my birthday and got hit on by a creepy old guy who could have been my grandpa. I later saw him at my work, about six or so months later, shopping with his wife. asshole.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
As far as President's go I voted for Obama in 2012, I voted for Obama in 2008 and I voted for John Kerry in 2004. I would have voted for Al Gore in 2000 but I didn't turn 18 until November of that year.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My voting record looks pretty much like Millz except I did vote for Al Gore. Also voted for Bush the first but Clinton won.