• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your views on flying..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This isn't really a thread to discuss whether you're afraid of flying or not.

I'm just curious to know if your views on flying changed after the 9/11 attacks?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Nope. Not in the least. But then, terrorists aren't really out to get South Africa, so I've always thought I'd be save from that! Even so, when I go to the States, I will still fly - lots! Maybe I am being naive thinking it won't happen to me, but I guess I just think that my time is my time. I could die crossing the street. I don't believe in living in fear of something that might happen!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Why would my views on flying change after the 9/11 attacks?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Why would my views on flying change after the 9/11 attacks?
This.

The only thing that changed was the already painfully annoying security process. Besides, flying is too important to be afraid of doing.

Dabs

Registered Member
No....I have yet to even be on an airplane, and I look forward to someday being able to fly on one.
I am hoping to go sky-diving, so...that will be my chance :)

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I like flying. I haven't done it enough that it stopped being cool for me yet.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Considering I had never flown before 9/11 and have only flown once since, my views haven't really changed. The single time I went on a trip that involved flying I was more anxious about the whole 'first time' experience than anything else. I was also super excited for the trip, so it was a non-factor for me.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Honestly my trip to NYC last month was the first time I've flown since I was in Middle school 0.o. Things have changed a lot, prices, in-flight snacks....service. But when flying there were a equal amount of nationalities that traveled, including those who others might be scared of/offended by...especially when traveling to new york. I really didn't have a weird feeling about anyone, but you can definitely cut the tension with a butter knife.

~Shwa

Dekzper

Registered Member
I flew before 9/11 and yeah, it still totally rocks! :D And i think the best way to keep terrorists off jets is to have your own so I'm putting a Learjet 45 XR on my Christmas wish list! :nod: But no! Terrorists are like bad engines. It's just something that has to be checked so nobody lands in a building. Even a bad engine could do that and that can happen with cars and trucks and trains too.