• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

    Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Your Video Game Website of Choice?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Which site to you prefer to visit when looking for news and reviews on video games?

I split my time between Game Informer, IGN and Kotaku.

Game Informer's reviews are usually closer to how I feel about the game than the other two. That's not always the case, obviously, but the majority of the time. They win that.

I really liked IGN's podcasts, especially Beyond. Although I've been going there less and less ever since Miller and Moriarty left.

Kotaku is usually third place, as nothing from there really stands out. I guess there are a few writers over there that I like.
 

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I used to use Gamespot a lot, I had an account on there and posted but I can't stand that place half the time.

Gamespot write some good articles, but the community there is horrible. On a lot of the sites you will see childish, sexist, abusive comments sometimes. But on Gamespot you see these comments at least 90% of the time. And the other 10% is just arguing over console wars constantly.

So I still visit Gamespot for the articles but I don't use it as much now.

IGN and Kotaku are the other two I visit the most. I find the comment section on Kotaku generally much more mature than Gamespot.

I used to buy Game Informer magazine, but I never went to their site. I should check that out.
 

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I generally don't read up oh games. Sometimes I'll check out the odd trailer in thread here on GF. Otherwise though, I don't like my opinion of a game to be tainted by a bad or good review. I just prefer to come to my own conclusions about games I guess.
 

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I generally don't read up oh games. Sometimes I'll check out the odd trailer in thread here on GF. Otherwise though, I don't like my opinion of a game to be tainted by a bad or good review. I just prefer to come to my own conclusions about games I guess.
I actually rarely read reviews on these websites haha. I dont' read many reviews, because I watch a gaming review show and I usually just wait till they review games and watch that. On the sites I mostly read news and announcements, rather than actual reviews itself.
 

Konshentz

Konshentz
I like reading reviews, especially from people that seem to have similar tastes. I don't take their review as words from God, but if they give a game a 2 or 3, I know it's safe to say I probably won't enjoy it. Saves me from wasting $60 and/or 30 minutes of my time. Haha.
 

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I used to check IGN almost every day, but I think their content is mostly garbage now. Maybe it's just because I'm not as into gaming anymore, but I don't really keep up with gaming news as much as I used to. Most of the news I get is from here actually. Haha
 

dDave

Well-Known Member
V.I.P.
I pretty much only visit IGN. They have really good commentary on Nintendo stuff and that's the main thing that I care about. They've got people on their team that have been playing Nintendo since the early 90s or 80s.

IGN also has reviews for just about every game out there. I usually agree with IGN's reviews as well.

I've also recently been checking out Adam Koralik on YouTube, he's pretty knowledgeable and interesting to listen do.
 
Top