Your video card

Discussion in 'Computers' started by pro2A, Aug 15, 2010.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I'm just curious what kind of video card you all have. Obviously if you are a serious PC gamer I'd imagine you'd have a nice one.

I have a 1GB GeForce GT 240. I just upgraded from my 1gb Geforce 8500 GT and the graphics are a hell of a lot better. It looks rather bland, but believe me, it gets the job done :)

[​IMG]

2. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

In the computer I built I have 2 nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS cards running SLI.

In my out of the box Gateway has a GeForce 9800 GT.

I love them both very much. They both run perfect. Nvidia has never done me wrong.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I personally have an ATI Radeon HD 4670. It works, but considering the actual Mobo & CPU setup I have? It's completely wasted.

4. pro2A

Is it possible to upgrade? When I installed this video card I had to upgrade my PSU as well. My RAM and CPU were fine, but I've noticed that upgrades tend to cause a cascading effect.

What is your RAM and CPU setup?

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I have an nVidia GeForce 8800 GT

It has 512mb GDDR3 Dedicated graphics memory.

It looks like a fairly intense card.

[​IMG]

I have it set up with a Core 2 Duo (2.13 ghz) and 2 GB of DDR2 RAM.

It suits all of my gaming needs perfectly, it gets more fps on every game I have than the human eye can actually see. (over 50 at least)

6. pro2A

Yea, I noticed the DDR3 on-board memory made a vast improvement in performance. With my Dual core 64 X2 5000+ and 4GB of memory, there isn't so much as a twitch in the games I run on high to ultra settings.

7. Nevyrmoore

For the moment I have a low-end dual core CPU (Intel Pentium E2180), and what I believe to be a microATX motherboard made more for regular computing than gaming. This is from when my other computer broke, and while this was an upgrade, it's still not great. And as I can't currently afford a new CPU, I'm also stuck with an ASUS Maximus Formula mobo that I can't use, as well as a very nice case that's gathering dust.

As for RAM, I have 2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM sticks.

8. pro2A

Yea, I learned that lesson the hard way. Box computers are by no means meant to be upgradable. I shorted a motherboard doing that once. I'd recommend building one or going on a website like IBUYPOWER and having a custom one built (If they offer that in the UK, it's a US based company). They will give you a motherboard that is upgradable so you aren't confined to a "computing" computer.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  9. Nevyrmoore

Actually, the computer was bought through a company that makes custom builds called Novatech. This was one of their lower end versions for home computing.

As for having one built, I'm more looking to build one myself. Hence why I have an ASUS Maximus Formula and a case going to waste.

10. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member