Your Vezina Choice

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Konshentz, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Who would you award the Vezina trophy to?

I was just looking at some stats...

Evgeni Nabokov: 40-9-8; .913 save %; 2.39 GAA; 6 SO
    Tim Thomas: 33-11-7; .932 save %; 2.11 GAA; 4 SO
    Robert Luongo: 30-11-7; .918 save %; 2.40 GAA; 7 SO

2. DJ_Buster

DJ_Buster Registered Member

Why not Steve Mason
    32-18-5
    10 SO
    .918 Save%
    2.22 GAA

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

mason will be up for rookie of the year and will most likely win it.

as for vezina winner, nabokov for sure. finally a year it just isn't handed to broduer.

4. DJ_Buster

To bad Brodeur missed 2/3's of the season. All in all Nabokov as good as he is, is definetley not as valuable to the Sharks as Mason's season for the CBJ's. their stats are not much different. Other than W/L/O (which is really more of a team stat than goaltender's) as of right now Steve Mason surpasses Nabogov in GAA, SO and Save%.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I agree, it is bullshit when they just hand that guy the hardware.

I would give the Vezina to Nabokov over Mason, I disagree that he isn't as important to the Sharks as Mason to the BJ's. With all that talent the Sharks have, Nabokov is still a huge reason why they win (and win often). I've seen him make saves to basically seal a win more times then I can count. Mason is great, he just isn't on Nabokov's level.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think that if Luongo played the whole season he would of won it. He's been amazing since he's come back from injury.

I think it's between two goalies either Nabakov or Kipper. I think Nabakov will win it, because Kipper as been struggling recently and that's going to hurt his chances.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i always liked kipper and nabokov but kippers GAA is horendous in recent game. i gotta give it to nabokov hands down.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

A good case can be made for Thomas and even Luongo, but Nabokov just deserves it this year. I'll be pissed if he doesn't get it.

9. DJ_Buster

sorry but there's no way that Kipper deserves it as much as Nabogov, there's no way. Kipprusof has had a horrible slup with the flames this season. He let's in goals as if the puck is half as small. Mason is the perfect idea for Vezina trophy. He has brought the Bluejackets thus far, and surpasses Nabogov in all categories, on the exception of wins. Then again wins are a team effort not the goaltender alone. As a goaltender Mason has outplayed every other goaltender this year. Face it, he's had a better year than the rest. Despite being a rookie.

10. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Even as a Sharks fan I think Mason deserves it. Columbus is a piss-poor team without him, even in Nabakov's worst season the Sharks finished fifth.