• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your Username.

JohnR

Registered Member
Hello posters!

Now this is a big tradition of mine. For every forum I go to I ask, what's the story behind your user name. Everyone has different stories that go on and create names for themselves. Maybe your user name are your intials or your birthdates. They all have stories behind them and I want to hear YOURS!

So if you would, tell me the story behind you user name!

- John Rice

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Well, the last company that I worked for. I walked in the door. I was introduced to my co-workers and my name is Wesley. Immediately they started calling me Mr Snipes. And the name stuck.

JohnR

Registered Member
Thanks! What I have noticed is that most people screen names have to do with their personal lives. Names, dates, birth dates, important dates and nick names.

Just a notice :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have some other usernames that I use on occasion too. :)

007 - Because I'm a huge James Bond fan, but it's hard to get this name at every forum because other people usually get it first. ;)

Hybrix - This is a name I came up with when trying to think of a cool name several years back. I use it mostly on gaming sites or tech sites. For my forums, however, I thought it would be best just to use my real name. It's annoying trying to lose a nickname that people have known you as for years. :D

Plus it's a bit more professional. :)

JohnR

Registered Member
Yeah, it is a bit more professional to use your birth name. But when my design site and web portfolio comes out, I am definitley not using my name on it. It just sounds sweeter with my alias and its pretty professional too.

Hoosierhunter

Hoosier . . . as in Indiana. Hunter . . . as in my favorite hobby. Hoosierhunter is the name I use in forums because it tells about where I hail from and the fact that I am a hunter.

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
Well, the last company that I worked for. I walked in the door. I was introduced to my co-workers and my name is Wesley. Immediately they started calling me Mr Snipes. And the name stuck.
That is so cool. :lol:

I have some other usernames that I use on occasion too. :)

007 - Because I'm a huge James Bond fan, but it's hard to get this name at every forum because other people usually get it first. ;)

Hybrix - This is a name I came up with when trying to think of a cool name several years back. I use it mostly on gaming sites or tech sites. For my forums, however, I thought it would be best just to use my real name. It's annoying trying to lose a nickname that people have known you as for years. :D

Plus it's a bit more professional. :)
I did see the 007 User name you had with the post buy ads space for a $1 and even saw a few other members from this forum.

My user user name is from the programming language created by Guido van Rossum in 1990 which is the same year I got my first computer which was a Packard Bell 80286.

Last edited:

Reverend

Registered Member
Back in the '90s, I worked as a radio DJ. We did a pre-release party for Ministry's "Psalm 69" album, and I was the one sent to host the party. The promotions gal at the time wrote up the on-air promo playing off of the "ministry" and "psalm" aspects, and said "we're sending our own 'reverend', Pete". I tried to get rid of the nickname for a while, but it stuck, and I became known as "Reverend Pete" from that point forward. :lol:

Pete

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
*cough* RareShooters used to be someone here's nickname that he "tried" to shake for a long time.

Well, I started as The Steves because it's quite literally an old nickname of mind, and I was more famously known as DaStevez, which I actually miss. Scuba Steve is my current IRL nickname, and it sounds a little more professional than DaStevez, which most of the people I've known in the 'net world since '99 or so will recognize me by.