• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your unpopular opinions?

dDave

V.I.P.
Apparently my views on men vs women and equality are unpopular.

The way I see it, we are alike in many ways, but men and women are also undeniably different. Why do some people get so up in arms about it when I state the simple fact that we are different? Don't mistake my view of our differences for inequality.

Taliesin

Registered Member
We're not up in arms about you stating that we are different. We're up in arms at the suggestion that men who do not share your views on gender roles are somehow not real men.

And I would suggest that your view is not unpopular at all. Many people share that view.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
A new one:

Being old does not mean I should automatically respect you. I don't know your past but just because you have managed to live to an old age does not mean you can be rude and assume that I am scum because I am under forty and have not battle in war for "king and county".

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I hate Nutella. I just do. Its so terrible tasting to me and I can't understand why everyone likes and worships this brown spread so much!
Blasphemy! Nutella is like crack. I can eat it with a spoon right out of the jar.

Apparently my views on men vs women and equality are unpopular.

The way I see it, we are alike in many ways, but men and women are also undeniably different. Why do some people get so up in arms about it when I state the simple fact that we are different? Don't mistake my view of our differences for inequality.
Like Tali said, it's not your traditional views on gender roles. It's that you think people who don't share the same views or don't fit the traditional gender roles are inferior to you.

Yes, men and women are different. What you don't seem to understand is that not all women are the same as other women, and not all men are the same as other men.

You basically said that men who don't share your views are not real men. It's like someone saying that gays, blacks, or Jews aren't real men. The fact that you don't see how that might be bigoted is kind of worrisome.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
A new one:

Being old does not mean I should automatically respect you. I don't know your past but just because you have managed to live to an old age does not mean you can be rude and assume that I am scum because I am under forty and have not battle in war for "king and county".
I haaaaaaaate this one. I'm polite to the elderly and give them the benefit of the doubt over most people, but it really is true. Age does not garner instant respect.

Another one:

That someone who plays video games for 20+ hours a week is a nerd/loser/weirdo and has no life. Yet, people who watch reality TV for 20+ hours a week and orgasm at the news of what color clothing some vapid disposable shithead is wearing are considered normal.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
The view point I am about to share is really one unpopular view of today. . I want people end things to slow down a lot. I want people to drive much slower than they do today. I want technology to change at a slower pace. I want people to sit down and write a letter instead of quick few line messages. People to slow down when they are shopping bumping into people not saying sorry. I want people to get out of the car to look around sometimes just for the view of things to appreciate the things around us.

I want people to slow down thinking they are so busy that their time is going to expire any moment. Parents to spend more time with the kids and kids more time with the parents. Teachers to allow and work with student to work more at the own pace and level of things. Police officers to slow down and not make such quick decisions to harass someone to stereo type them before talking to them. That some people will help older people whether shopping cooking or whatever else they need. Instead of yelling at them that they are too slow for our own lifestyles. . people more patient on the phone, messenger to allow those who may not type as fast as many people can. .

As you can probably see, my views is not to popular. . people hang the phone up on me. They walk away. They make faces and they stare. They want me to be as fast as they are. . I am not able to see so it is not that likely I will be keeping up with everyones pace. . but I realized many others are treated just the same. . I try to write to people also. Many act like I am just wasting their time. If a person will consider my way of life is not always the fastest way to know of or do things. But if one will take time the will get to know me and understand why I go about the way I do. . . if people would just try some patience I think most of us in the world would be getting along much better. .

As the saying goes Rome was not built in one day. Even God who is all power and can do all things took six days to bring things together and life on Earth. . so if Rome took its time and God took his time we should do the same as good as piece of sculpture can only be done by a person who takes much time to stand in one place looking at the work and consisting to improve. . add Rembrandt, Dd Vinci and Picasso on the list. Life is like a picture. We may not always appreciate all art work but we take time and appreciate good work of art. Had we drove by them or running at full speed these sights would be a blur. Grab your favorite beverage grab a chair or stand in a comfortable position let the color and all its beauty stream through your eyes and ears. Joy can be there if we slow down and take patience and we can reflect like musician Louis Armstrong. What a Wonderful World.

Hmoosa101

Women who start physical fights with men can be hit in retaliation. You cannot use your gender to avoid physicality and then fight anyways. Man or woman, do not pick a fight if you do not want a fight.

I'll probably post in here several more times. Because I'm an asshole.
I agree. This is also my unpopular opinion. I think that feminism is making women more superior than men.
If it is equal,
A man hits you you, hit him back
A woman hits you, you hit her back.

Don't tell me that is a woman pulled a knife on you, you wouldn't retaliate.

MedicineShow

Registered Member
Truth be told, I agree with much of what has been posted in your thread. Of course, my views don't exactly mesh with the norm.

I'm not sure what to say for my unpopular views. I don't even know what I could name because my views are normal to me and I tend not to listen to people who are polar opposites of me on decisive issues. That in itself may be the thing that sets me apart in people's minds, but who is really innocent of it? What you claim to impress the congregation and what you actually do are often two separate things.

I have some unpopular opinions of my own. One of them is this:

We don't need more gay people in movies, television shows, or video games.

Okay, now let me qualify by saying we also don't need more black people, female role models, religious folks portrayed in a good light, or any other kind of characters that are tailored to represent a whole societal group with the sole purpose of ramming specific ideological beliefs down my throat. Enough already!

How about we focus on simply telling a good story? Remember those? Stories are what we come to movies, shows and games for, not an ideological agenda posing as a story. I don't need to be told what people to like or dislike, or to have my mind shaped with your precious little message. Just tell me a story, and if it's one well told, then believe me when I say that I will most certainly think about the themes that you layer into said story, and most certainly accept whatever characters you decide to populate said story with. But if I feel that you're just preaching, then I'm switching off.
You turned me off a bit there at first, but after reading your explanation, I do understand what you're saying. Social equality should already be the norm, but it isn't, and somehow in the process the fight for said equality has become an agenda. I don't know how, but I can only guess that we haven't evolved much as a species. All the mind control in the world, but not a speck of basic decency.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The view point I am about to share is really one unpopular view of today. . I want people end things to slow down a lot. I want people to drive much slower than they do today. I want technology to change at a slower pace. I want people to sit down and write a letter instead of quick few line messages. People to slow down when they are shopping bumping into people not saying sorry. I want people to get out of the car to look around sometimes just for the view of things to appreciate the things around us.

I want people to slow down thinking they are so busy that their time is going to expire any moment. Parents to spend more time with the kids and kids more time with the parents. Teachers to allow and work with student to work more at the own pace and level of things. Police officers to slow down and not make such quick decisions to harass someone to stereo type them before talking to them. That some people will help older people whether shopping cooking or whatever else they need. Instead of yelling at them that they are too slow for our own lifestyles. . people more patient on the phone, messenger to allow those who may not type as fast as many people can. .

As you can probably see, my views is not to popular. . people hang the phone up on me. They walk away. They make faces and they stare. They want me to be as fast as they are. . I am not able to see so it is not that likely I will be keeping up with everyones pace. . but I realized many others are treated just the same. . I try to write to people also. Many act like I am just wasting their time. If a person will consider my way of life is not always the fastest way to know of or do things. But if one will take time the will get to know me and understand why I go about the way I do. . . if people would just try some patience I think most of us in the world would be getting along much better. .

As the saying goes Rome was not built in one day. Even God who is all power and can do all things took six days to bring things together and life on Earth. . so if Rome took its time and God took his time we should do the same as good as piece of sculpture can only be done by a person who takes much time to stand in one place looking at the work and consisting to improve. . add Rembrandt, Dd Vinci and Picasso on the list. Life is like a picture. We may not always appreciate all art work but we take time and appreciate good work of art. Had we drove by them or running at full speed these sights would be a blur. Grab your favorite beverage grab a chair or stand in a comfortable position let the color and all its beauty stream through your eyes and ears. Joy can be there if we slow down and take patience and we can reflect like musician Louis Armstrong. What a Wonderful World.
I agree with you completely RTB. I threw out dish(still have netflix though), threw out the phone. I just want to be unplugged and spend time with my family, with nature or with a good book. Life's too short not to slow down.