• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your unpopular opinions?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Everyone has one of those opinions that are unpopular to others, what are yours?

Mine is breast feeding in public, there's a place to flop your boobs out and that's not in a fine dining restaurant.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Women who start physical fights with men can be hit in retaliation. You cannot use your gender to avoid physicality and then fight anyways. Man or woman, do not pick a fight if you do not want a fight.

I'll probably post in here several more times. Because I'm an asshole.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Everyone has one of those opinions that are unpopular to others, what are yours?

Mine is breast feeding in public, there's a place to flop your boobs out and that's not in a fine dining restaurant.
At least in the States, that is not unpopular. Most people would agree.

Women who start physical fights with men can be hit in retaliation. You cannot use your gender to avoid physicality and then fight anyways. Man or woman, do not pick a fight if you do not want a fight.

I'll probably post in here several more times. Because I'm an asshole.
That is a fine example of an unpopular opinion. :lol:

Not sure how unpopular this is generally although on GF its unpopular but, homosexuality is NOT a civil rights issue. You are not 'born that way' like colored people are. Its a choice you've made.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have enough unpopular opinions to fill a book, so, like Merc, I will probably be posting in this thread on more than one occasion.

I believe there were people in the U.S. government who were aware of the 9/11 terrorist attacks before they happened, and they were possibly even directly involved in planning and carrying out the operation.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have enough unpopular opinions to fill a book, so, like Merc, I will probably be posting in this thread on more than one occasion.

I believe there were people in the U.S. government who were aware of the 9/11 terrorist attacks before they happened, and they were possibly even directly involved in planning and carrying out the operation.
I also believe people in the government were involved in 9/11 or at least knew about it beforehand and decided not to stop it so they could have the Patriot Act and a war. I think they took out the pentagon with a missile.
------

I would have to agree with you on the breast feeding in public. I doubt that would be a unpopular idea.

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
I have some unpopular opinions of my own. One of them is this:

We don't need more gay people in movies, television shows, or video games.

Okay, now let me qualify by saying we also don't need more black people, female role models, religious folks portrayed in a good light, or any other kind of characters that are tailored to represent a whole societal group with the sole purpose of ramming specific ideological beliefs down my throat. Enough already!

How about we focus on simply telling a good story? Remember those? Stories are what we come to movies, shows and games for, not an ideological agenda posing as a story. I don't need to be told what people to like or dislike, or to have my mind shaped with your precious little message. Just tell me a story, and if it's one well told, then believe me when I say that I will most certainly think about the themes that you layer into said story, and most certainly accept whatever characters you decide to populate said story with. But if I feel that you're just preaching, then I'm switching off.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I do not support wars at all, people whine and moan about "oh we need war to be kept safe", BULLSHIT! Most wars are started not because people in power are strong but because they are weak little men who will never actually go to war, that makes them hypocrites, I may been seen as weak but at least I am a pacifist with strong convictions at which stage I would say I am stronger than any solider with a FUCKING AK47 pointing it in the face of a crying women, oh, wow, you sure are strong!!

People should have to be allowed to pass a written and oral test before they can have children. I see so many people out there who are just not designed mentally to have children. It's not their fault they are idiots and gawd bless um I am not saying they should be put in a hole and forgotten about (though I wouldn't be against it) but some should not. For example? Are you addicted to smack? Sorry you will be castrated. Are you an alcoholic that regular gets into fights and can't hold down a job? Whoops, there go your ovaries.

Oh man I feel so much better! :lol:

I will be back though as I have more.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It seems all of my opinions are unpopular these days. I hate Keynesian economics, I hate creating these false demands for products because while they temporarily jump start an economy, in the long run they are destructive and slow down an economy. It seems hardly anybody agrees with this anymore.

I don't think it's the function of the federal government to support anybody. We as a society have grown to the extent of believing the government supplying all kinds of goods and services from pampers for babies, food, shelter, and now healthcare is a good thing.

I agree with Eph in everything he said. I want to be told a good story, I don't want to be told what is good and what is not and what I should accept and I should feel bad if I don't.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
My unpopular opinion is that the LG 34UM95 34" ultra widescreen 21:9 monitor owns 4K TV but it totally does. The only advantage for 4K is resolution and forget the motion and HDMI issues and everything else that needed to be tweaked.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Wow. The only one I can think of is a lame example compared to some of these. I will try to think of another one but…

I hate Nutella. I just do. Its so terrible tasting to me and I can't understand why everyone likes and worships this brown spread so much!