Your type of RPG?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by viLky, Aug 26, 2008.

?

Your type of RPG

1. JRPG/Console

62.5%
  2. Western/PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SRPG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Action

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dungeon Crawler

12.5%
  6. Rogue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ORPG

12.5%
  8. Pen & Paper

12.5%
  9. Table Top

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

What type of RPGs do you prefer to play? Take at the list below and then decide.

For me, I'm going to say ORPG. Ever since I played EverQuest so long ago, that became my favorite. Loved it! Second would be action RPG. This is mainly due to falling out of love with turned-based and in love with action types.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008

2. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

what does orpg stand for?

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Online Role Playing Game (also MMORPG). Games like WoW, EverQuest, Second Life, Eve, ect...

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Since he mentioned Everquest in the same sentence, I'm assuming ORPG means Online RPG.

Out of those choices, my favorite is Japanese RPGs followed by Strategy RPGs (mainly Fire Emblem). I also don't mind American RPGs or the occasional MMORPG if I don't have to subscribe to it.

5. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

for some reason jrpgs just facinate me.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I voted for dungeon crawler because it best matches dungeon siege my all time favorite RPG, seriously I love that game so much.

7. synyst

synyst Registered Member

JRPGs all the way

8. Fantasy

Fantasy The White Wolf

Ehh, it's a tie between JRPGs and SRPGs.
    JRPGs currently, but because of the lack of new, good ones (or at least, ones that I've played), SRPGs are starting to take over.
    Fire Emblem's one of my favourite games of all time in both story and gamplay, and FFTA2 is... in gameplay, although it is insanely unbalanced. xD
    However, FFVI is still my favourite game of all time, and that's JRPG. For now, JRPG wins.

9. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

The mob has started to deem jRPG loving as 'lame' lately, probably because it's popular and Everything Popular Must Fall(tm), but they tell a good story over there. Besides real life RPG action (since Bliss hit me with L5 Nail Scratch, I've just lost interest), I like pretty much all else on there though.

10. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I'll stay with the regular type that you see on video game consoles. None of the others sound that interesting to me.