Your Triathlon Strategy?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, Apr 26, 2009.

?

Your Triathlon Strategy

1. Swim > Bike > Run

16.7%
  2. Swim > Run > Bike

50.0%
  3. Bike > Run > Swim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bike > Swim > Run

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Run > Swim > Bike

16.7%
  6. Run > Bike > Swim

16.7%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If you were running a triathlon such as an Iron Man, how would you order it?

The things you have to do are:

Swim 2.4 miles (3.86 km)
    Bike 112 miles (180.2 km)
    Run 26.2 miles (42.2 km)

Each of the three parts has to be done all at once. And all three of them have to be done back to back to back.

Which order would you prefer and why?

I think I'd do Run, Swim, Bike. Running would be the most painful so I'd want it out of the way. Swimming I'm not the greatest at but I'd definitely not want to start or end with it so I'd use it as a cool down after running. I could knock down the bike part fairly easily so I'd want that to be last so I could really push for it.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I would do it in order of difficulty, hardest to easiest. For me that would be swimming first, running second, and biking third. There's no easy way to do it though. My body hurts just thinking about it.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

My triathlon strat? Give up before I even think about starting, because I know I can't do any one of those events, much less all three.

(If I were to try a shorter version, I'd probably choose swimming second, so I could cool down a bit between running and biking. Jumping into the water would feel so good).

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Assuming that I could swim I'd go for swim, running and then bike because I'd at least be sitting on the way in instead of running.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Swimming would definitely be the first thing I do since it's the hardest thing to do, then I would do some biking then I would finish it with the running. I would like to try a Triathlon at least once in my life, but I would definitely train for it first.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'd run first to get it other with, then bike, then swim. Swimming would probably be the easiest single thing for me to do since I've been doing that for a long time, so I'd definately leave it until last. I don't like running, biking is ok. I'd find it so difficult though, like Echoes said, tires me out just thinking about it!

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Definitely running last, so that I wouldn't drown or cycle into a wall when my strength gave out and I fell unconscious.

8. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Swim > Run > Bike

Swimming is by far the most taxing portion of the event on your body, so I would not want it to do it any other time but first --> The last thing you want is a terrible cramp at mile 1.5 of the swimming portion.

Running and biking follow in that order, because biking can be very relaxing.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My friends and I did triathlon activities before. The order has been: swimming, running, biking. I'm used to that order so it's most likely what I will do the next time I'm given an option to choose.