• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your top 5 travel destinations

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
What are your top 5 travel destinations? With that I mean where you haven't been, but costs aside, would love to go to?

For me, it would be a dream come true if I got to go to the next 5 destinations.

1) Maldives - it's been a life long dream for me. This is the only "romantic" destination I would want to go to, as I am more one for visiting cultural and historical places.

2) Vietnam and Cambodia - I've grouped them together, because I would want to do them in one trip. Lots of historical sites and beautiful landscapes.

3) Croatia - this is a fairly new one on my list. But it offers a great mix of big cities, coastal towns and historical villages.

4) Peru - I have to go to Machu Picchu before I die. It's a must see for me. I love a lot of places in South America, and would definitely want to go there to see much of it. But Machu Picchu is a must!

5) Iceland (or Norway, the Fjords area) - this is easily my number one "must visit" destination, and for one reason only. I could go without all the rest if I can just say I saw the Northern Lights!!

How about you guys? Where do you have to go one day, if you could pick any 5 destinations?

Elanor

Registered Member
1 - New Zealand - Just for the amazing scenery, and so I could visit all the places that they used for Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

2 - Italy - I would love to go on a food tour of Italy! I love Italian food and I would love to experience it in the country it is from, and the culture around it.

3 - Norway - I have always wanted to go on a cruise of the Norwegian Fjords, and also see the northern lights.

4 - USA - There are so many places in America I would love to see. New York, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park and many more. It would be amazing to spend a few months travelling around the country.

5 - I can't think of a 5th, I am sure something will pop into my head though....

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
There are many places I would like to visit but on my list would be:

Canada - I love the scenery and how serene eveything looks, I would love to go camping by the lakes and basically cut myself off from the world and forget all about it for a few days.

Japan - I would like to see Japan, everything I have seen of it just looks so futuristic and modern I think it would be great to see and have multiple photo opporunities. I don't think I could cope with the size and the amount of people for too long.

I know that that is only two but I will come up with more.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
1. Alaska. Definitely at the top of my list. There's just so much to see there, and it's so wild and remote compared to anything in the lower 48.

2. New England. I'd love to go there in the fall, drive around, do some hiking, eat some lobster in Maine, etc.

3. New York. I'm not a big city guy, but I do want to get to New York and see all the sights.

4. New Zealand. I don't know that I'll ever do anymore international travel, but I've always wanted to go to New Zealand.

5. Nepal. A Himalayan adventure sounds fun. Plus it would be interesting to experience the culture there.

1) Maldives
You better get there soon before the rising sea level swallows them.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
1. England. I've always wanted to go and there are a few people there I would love to visit with.

2. France. Same reason.

3. Scotland. I am fascinated by the culture. Most of the historical books I read are set in Scotland. I realize it wouldn't be the same, obviously since it's historical, but I would still love to go there.

4. Ireland. It just seems awesome, and I have some Irish in my blood.

5. Somewhere tropical, not too bothered where. I don't get to see the ocean and beaches enough because I live too far inland.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Most of my desired travel destinations are historically important:

1. Rome. I want to see all of the ruins.

2. Veince. I want to see, and ride in, the canals before I die.

3. Australia. This one is for the GF. It's been her dream since she was a kid. I'd also want to do aerial tours of New Zealand.

4. Paris. Another city I want to see before I die because of the history and the museums.

5. Alaska. I want to see it all. It was my grandfather's dream to vacation there and I want to live it out for him since he passed.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
1. Egypt-I would love to see the pyramids but really too afraid to travel there.

2. Bolivia-Puma Punka

3. Peru-Machu Pichu

4. Italy-see the Colosseum

5. England-Stone Henge and some of the castles.

Most of the places I would like to see is because of historical importance.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
1.) Canada: I want to see Ottawa, Ontario, and maybe Vancouver.

2.) Minneapolis, Minnesota: I want to check out Mall of America.

3.) New Hampshire: I want to see much of the state as I can.

4.) Colorado: More decent drivers.

I can't come up with a number five right now.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Australia is such an underrated place.

1) New York
2) Hawaii
3) Japan
4) Dubai
5) Italy

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I hadn't been to England I would added that in there so I'll go with...

Sweden
Mexico
Italy
Japan
Australia