• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Your top 5 games?

dDave

V.I.P.
Pretty simple. Tell us all what your top 5 games are, all time.

Mine

1.The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild (Switch)
2. Mass Effect Trilogy (PC)
3. Metroid Prime (GameCube)
4. Donkey Kong 64 (Nintendo 64)
5. The Last of Us (PS3/PS4)

depending on my mood I may switch out #5 to Starcraft or Portal 2, both of which are brilliant games.

And yes, I still think DK64 is brilliant. Even above other awesome N64 games.

I do believe Breath of the Wild is the best game ever made.

Konshentz

Konshentz
1.) The Last of Us
2.) Batman: Arkham City
3.) BioShock Infinite
4.) Resident Evil 2 Remake
5.) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Honorable mentions would be Mass Effect 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

dDave

V.I.P.
1.) The Last of Us
2.) Batman: Arkham City
3.) BioShock Infinite
4.) Resident Evil 2 Remake
5.) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Honorable mentions would be Mass Effect 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum.
It's no surprise at all to see The Last of Us at the top of your list. It's an amazing game even after 7 years. What I am surprised is that Mass Effect only gets an honorable mention and didn't make the cut for top 5. Really speaks volumes about how good the other games must be. I've not played items 2-5 on your list. I have heard very good things about Uncharted but never actually bought it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I absolutely love the stories in all those games. That's the most important thing for me in a game. And they all nail it. If I had to guess, those 4 games would all land under any of the Mass Effect games for you. But who knows, I could be wrong. Haha.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
For me, it's Illusion Of Gaia (Super Nintendo), Mike Tyson's Punch Out (Nintendo), River Raid 2 (Atari 2600), Solaris (also Atari 2600), and Jungle Hunt (Atari 2600 as well).

dDave

V.I.P.
For me, it's Illusion Of Gaia (Super Nintendo), Mike Tyson's Punch Out (Nintendo), River Raid 2 (Atari 2600), Solaris (also Atari 2600), and Jungle Hunt (Atari 2600 as well).
I haven't played any of those (I'm a youngin, what can I say?). I always hear raving reviews of Punch Out and the sequel Super Punch Out. Are the games worth playing now or would you say they haven't aged well?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I think Punch-Out has aged just fine. It's still my favorite boxing game 30+ years later. Although the Fight Night series was pretty damn good, too.