• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your thoughts on hunting?

Your thoughts on hunting?

• I don't care either way (I don't eat meat)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you think about hunting?

I have zero problem with hunting as long as it's not something endangered. I'll support laws against hunting endangered species of course, but as long as you're hunting something that's regulated and legal, then I have no problem with it.

I believe animals were put on the earth to benefit humans, first and foremost. Be it as clothing or food, I support the right to hunt animals (preferably not JUST clothing, let's not be purposely wasteful).

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't understand what people get out of it, I've never been able to wrap my brain around the concept of looking at an animal and thinking "I'd really like to kill that". I have a huge soft spot for animals so the thought of killing animals makes me sad. My neighbor killed a coyote a couple of weeks ago and I was heartbroken about it. I don't judge anyone who does it, though; everyone comes to their own choices in life by walking on the path that they and they alone are on.

On the other hand, I eat chicken and turkey so I'm a bit of a hypocrite, but I do not agree that animals were put on the earth to benefit humans first and foremost. I believe that human and non-human animal coexistence can be mutually beneficial, and having been given the level of intelligence and capability that we have, it is our duty to act as stewards of nature.

Reactions: Sim

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It's all about survival so I don't see a problem with it. Animals eat other animals ...
We eat animals ... so it's the chain of nature.[as long as it doesn't go against the state laws.]

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand what people get out of it, I've never been able to wrap my brain around the concept of looking at an animal and thinking "I'd really like to kill that". I have a huge soft spot for animals so the thought of killing animals makes me sad. My neighbor killed a coyote a couple of weeks ago and I was heartbroken about it. I don't judge anyone who does it, though; everyone comes to their own choices in life by walking on the path that they and they alone are on.
I actually agree with you to a large degree. I have a soft spot for animals as well and sometimes I think I would have a hard time killing one, but I still think I would like to go hunting at some point, if anything to learn something about myself. I wouldn't just kill an animal for the sake of killing it though. I would eat it, prepare it, etc and make sure it didn't go to waste. I have tried to save baby mice that I have found in the past. I certainly don't fall under the category of somebody who wants to hunt JUST to kill something. It's not in my nature, but I do think if the animal didn't go to waste then it's an acceptable thing to do.

In the end though, even if I didn't enjoy it I don't think it should be illegal or anything and I don't have a problem with those who do it. I know some people are pretty extreme about their hunting and go all the time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I am completely fine with hunting. I've never known a hunter in my life to kill the animal just for the "trophy", it's always for the meat first & foremost.

Why have I never heard anyone go crazy over fishing? You are still murdering a living thing. Seems like people only "whine" over furry animals.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I didn't see an option that fit my view.

I don't beleive in killing unless it is for survival and even then I wouldn't say I'm "fine with it". I don't think having to kill even if it is for survival is something to be proud of. The animal should still be treated with respect even in that case....

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why have I never heard anyone go crazy over fishing? You are still murdering a living thing. Seems like people only "whine" over furry animals.
That's a good point. And how many people who are against hunting use mouse traps.. or swat flies?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have a soft spot for animals as
Me too and personally I'd never go hunting, myself.
But at the end of the day I eat meat, I eat an animal and don't think about the fact that it was once killed.

Daemonic

Registered Member
ummm, I don't eat fish or like fishing for the same reason I wouldn't hunt....

I don't beleive in it, and I don't use mouse traps, if I did I would use the ones that catch them alive and let them go unless my cat got to it first.

Konshentz

Konshentz
ummm, I don't eat fish or like fishing for the same reason I wouldn't hunt....

I don't beleive in it, and I don't use mouse traps, if I did I would use the ones that catch them alive and let them go unless my cat got to it first.
Do you not swat flies either?