Your thoughts: immigration?

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
So what do you guys think we should do about our immigration problem (if you think it is a problem)?

Are the liberals being too soft?

Are the conservatives being too hard?

Please provide at least a bit of support for what you say.

I'll state my opinion later.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Well personally I think that is it wrong to illegaly go into the country, unless you have a good reason other than the U.S. has more opportunity or something like that. I definitely think that it is wrong that people can cross the border to have their babies and since their babies would become citizens they would not be forced to leave. Of course some good things have come of this such as people filling the jobs that the average American would not take such as garbage men, and stuff like that. I definitely think that the worst thing is the fact that most of the illegal immigrants don't care to learn English, I mean come on, we don't have an official language, but seriously everybody speaks English in this country.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
I definitely think that the worst thing is the fact that most of the illegal immigrants don't care to learn English,
This is a really stupid argument. Who told you that MOST of the illegal immigrants don't learn English? Did you or someone you know go and interview all of them? Do you actually have any idea what you are talking about?

Most of them actually do learn English.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Where did you hear that? There are a LOT of illegal immigrants that can't speak any English.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The ones who come here legally learn it. The ones who come here illegally tend to not learn it from what I've seen. There are many areas on the Mexican/US border where in order to get a job (IN THE US, keep in mind) you have to know Spanish. Some towns are 100% Spanish speaking.

I think that illegal immigration is something that needs to be taken more seriously. I say that unless you are a citizen before having your baby, your baby is not your free ticket in, and should be become a citizen for free. That loophole needs to be fixed.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's not just on the border. There are jobs here in Chicago that require you to speak Spanish. Like landscaping. It's messed up.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Of course, we all know why some politicians are in favor of amnesty. They want the votes once the millions become citizens.

Teorropy

I don't have a problem with the ones that go through all the right channels to become citizens. I just dislike the ones that do it illegally and then think they should be treated fairly. Get real, do it right and you will.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I may sound like a mean person to some of you. But I think we should build a huge wall. Put an end to illegal immigration once and for all. Then we should increase our efforts to make it easier and faster for those who want to come in legally.