• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Your Tattoos

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've got three tattoos at the moment, think I might be getting some in the future as well.

These two are on my wrists, they are names of my Aunty and my Grandpa

And this is my most recent one, it's the Devil on the Manchester United crest

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I don't have any tattoos. I wanted to get one while I was in the States. Maybe walking past a tattoo shop on my way home from work everyday inspired that. :lol: And if I got one, or even still get one, it would be a Fleur De Lis. It's pretty much the symbol for New Orleans and would remind me of a fantastic time in my life spent there.

Danno, may I ask why you have a 9-11 tattoo? Other than the obvious reason, I am curious if there is anything more to it for you specifically?

Danno

Registered Member
Danno, may I ask why you have a 9-11 tattoo? Other than the obvious reason, I am curious if there is anything more to it for you specifically?
Sure, to many people it sounds strange and I can understand that. I love the U.S.A, even more than the UK. I've always thought my loyalties lie with the States over my own country and I don't even know why to be honest, that's just the way I feel.

It was the single most horrific thing I've seen or heard of in my life and I don't think there will be anything that will affect me as much in my lifetime. A dreadful day which I take the day off of work every year to reflect.

It's just something very close to my heart, the fact that so many people needlessly lost their lives.

danwiz

Registered Member
I don't have any tats, but I have a question. I don't mean to offend anybody out there, I am just curious. What do modern tattoos that you get when you are 20 years old look like when you are 60 years old. My grandfather had some tats and when he was older they were pretty ugly looking, but I suspect that with today's technology that they hold up better, at least I hope so. So, can anybody give any input on that?

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I have no tats but I want 4, 1 on each shoulder and 1 on each forearm. . . . . . .

Right shoulder : the Viking salute from Manowar
Left shoulder : DIO devil horns with the HammerFall logo (HF) between the horns
Right forearm : Rock Me Roll Me Jackyle Me Off
Left Forearm : I Rock, I Roll, I Rule !!!

Attachments

wolfheart

Registered Member
I don't have any tats, but I have a question. I don't mean to offend anybody out there, I am just curious. What do modern tattoos that you get when you are 20 years old look like when you are 60 years old. My grandfather had some tats and when he was older they were pretty ugly looking, but I suspect that with today's technology that they hold up better, at least I hope so. So, can anybody give any input on that?

Tattoos do age,and depending on where on the body they are placed can determine what they look like down the line.
My father has tattoo's on both arms,he had his first one done 61 years ago,at 16 and they have faded to more or less a blur.

The design of tattoo machines and equipment has like most things moved on with time,the needles used now are a lot thinner and of better quality,the same goes for the inks used in modern tattooing.

Most tattoos now will still look good 40 years down the line, but as I said it does depend on where on the body it's placed,if you put a tat on area of the body that is likely to change over the years such as the stomach on a man or the chest for woman,then the tattooist will change shape along with the body.

On the arms,shoulders and back,they pretty much stay the same from what I have found out through talking with people.

danwiz

Registered Member
Thanks for your response wolfheart, it's appreciated. So, basically - if you tattoo your bicep then 40 years from now it will still look pretty decent (assuming that you don't go from 150 lbs. to 400 lbs. in that time), but on your stomach, which WILL change as a person ages, the tattoo will change too. Correct?

wolfheart

Registered Member
Pretty much yes, after all the machines that are used,depending on colour saturation needed, use between one to thirty needles at a time, but those needles only enter the skin about 3 mm so as the skin on areas of the body changes it can change the tattoo.
Most tattoos will remain the same,they may need another going over 20 or so years later to bump the colours back up, but again it depends on the colours used.

Old style tattooing, like the samoan culture still use today is a very different form from what we see as tattooing today.
Tattooing has been around for forever, the samoan styles are beautifully intricate but can take weeks,months even years to complete.

The tools are still the same, a group of serrated bone combs and a mallet, and it is a very painful experience.

Of course even with today's modern machines and techniques there are still bad tattooists, or what we call scratch artists here, applying really bad pieces to people's skin.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
In my early twenties I got a tattoo on my back. . my girlfriend at the time talked me into this. . I had a clean look, short short hair, and no facial hair at that time. . she was trying to make me fit in with her older friends and the crowd she was with. . . . even I started buying wine coolers which I never before was interested in buying any kind of drinks. If I can go back in history I would have made sure I never met this woman. . I never would have had this tattoo or done such stupid things in my life. .
But you know when we get out of high school sometimes we try things we never did while we were in school. Now being in the company of adults rather than kids having a tattoo was more acceptable to these little bars we would go to. Still I was never much a macho type person. I belong in a coffee café, not a bar and lounge crowd of people. . I still was not into my lifting routines. . she tried to make me the person who I was not. . But Barbara was my first girlfriend in my adult life steady. . in my school years I could not keep a relationship for long.
The tattoo was done by her son Albert. He was an amateur. He did a picture of a skinny woman showing her back and her head turned to the side. The face is a silhouette. A shadow. The ink is green. Th woman has medium length hair. I tried to ask a couple about removing this. They had said it could cause more damage than good. Would you agree with this? Si there a safe way to remove tattoos from the skin. . Is there a way to at least fade this to be hardly visible at all? Does anyone know?
Guess it would have been better with a real professional with colors. Her hair would be dark brown. Light skin. Lip stick light make up and perhaps a flower on her head. One that is holding her hair in place. Or just as a feminine touch. I could also have a woman type tank top on her if I had wanted a modification. There are no body parts on this just her back and her side of her face which would I rather have modified or removed? Remove I say if there was a safe way to do that. .
However even though I am not interested to have one today. I still would be open to listen to what others have want to say about the tattoos and why they got the behind the story. After all I never get compliments to this drabby looking green tattoo..Almost as if people think they will offend me to say they don't like it much. I understand cause I am not crazy about it.
Sorry but I don’t have any back pictures. My photos are usually of my front or side ways view with a shirt on . . I use to wear tank stops often. Now I mostly have t shirts in public. If there is no option with the tattoo I have I will just have to pretend it is invisible and leave it alone as a mistake. As danwiz says you may not ten years from now or later want this tattoo. That's how I feel today. I have changed over the years. Some of the things I used to do does not make sense today. . I also had my ear pierced. But that doesn't bother me at all. Cause you can take the earring out. . it was a small earring. I wouldn't get a real big noticeable one to be seen far off. I had a stupid looking onyx ring as well. . all these things she liked and I never did much. . Now I am glad I can be me.