• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Your Tattoos

Danno

Registered Member
I was wondering for those of you who have tattoos which ones you have. Post a picture, let's have a look.

Or If you don't have tattoos but would want one, what would you wanna get and where?

I have 2:

Taliesin

Registered Member
I love tats! I want to get one! (Yours are pretty cool by the way. What's the story behind the one on your wrist, if I may ask?)

This is what I'd want to get.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I used to want my moms initials on my left shoulder, and at one time I wanted the Superman S there as well. The only other tat I had considered would have been Van Halen's VH somewhere.

Danno

Registered Member
What's the story behind the one on your wrist, if I may ask?)
It's Boyce Avenue's band logo, you may remember me posting a song of theirs in the music section.

A lot of people think it's pretty dumb to have a band logo tattooed on their skin but it doesn't bother me, they're a band whose songs and lyrics have helped me so much for the past 8 or so years.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I am currently saving towards a new tat,well a cover up of two old ones really.
I have a wolf's head on my right biscep and a wolf howling on my right shoulder but the colours have faded quite dramatically in the 22 years since I got them.

My cover up piece is going to a large Koi carp all in black and grey but with yellow highlights in the fins and scales.
Eventually there will be three more added,two across the back of my shoulders and one on my left arm,all in the same style of black and grey with slight colour highlights.
I am designing them myself to start with and the tattooist will sharpen them up,the reason for four is each one will represent one of kids,and the different colours in the fins will be the choice of the kids.
It's just going to be expensive to complete,hence the saving.

Taliesin

Registered Member
It's Boyce Avenue's band logo, you may remember me posting a song of theirs in the music section.

A lot of people think it's pretty dumb to have a band logo tattooed on their skin but it doesn't bother me, they're a band whose songs and lyrics have helped me so much for the past 8 or so years.
Confession time. I did wonder if that was it but I didn't want to look like an idiot for assuming something like that and it was wrong. :D And I don't see anything wrong with having that on your wrist. Anyway, I thought the whole point of having a tattoo was for it to be something of personal significance.

I am currently saving towards a new tat,well a cover up of two old ones really.
I have a wolf's head on my right biscep and a wolf howling on my right shoulder but the colours have faded quite dramatically in the 22 years since I got them.

My cover up piece is going to a large Koi carp all in black and grey but with yellow highlights in the fins and scales.
Eventually there will be three more added,two across the back of my shoulders and one on my left arm,all in the same style of black and grey with slight colour highlights.
I am designing them myself to start with and the tattooist will sharpen them up,the reason for four is each one will represent one of kids,and the different colours in the fins will be the choice of the kids.
It's just going to be expensive to complete,hence the saving.
Sounds like you've got it all planned out there, wolf. Very cool. Especially the Koi carp.

Question for you guys: Given that colour tattoos can fade dramatically over time (which I think tends to look not so great when it happens), would you recommend a straight black tat instead? In other words, can black ink tats fade too?

wolfheart

Registered Member
The inks they use now are a lot better then when I had mine,they hold the pigment alot better, but it also depends on the artist if they don't put enough colour in,it can become faded very fast.
Black inks are now so much better, the pigmentation is alot darker so they seem to hold better.
However from people that I know who have large black pieces they also hurt slightly more and you have to be more careful of scabbing, if it peels accidentally it can leave white marks that in a colour tat wouldn't be as noticeable.

Taliesin

Registered Member
The inks they use now are a lot better then when I had mine,they hold the pigment alot better, but it also depends on the artist if they don't put enough colour in,it can become faded very fast.
Black inks are now so much better, the pigmentation is alot darker so they seem to hold better.
However from people that I know who have large black pieces they also hurt slightly more and you have to be more careful of scabbing, if it peels accidentally it can leave white marks that in a colour tat wouldn't be as noticeable.
Oh wow, so a lot to consider there then. I had no idea that accidental peeling could happen. So, potentially, you could end up just defacing yourself when all you wanted was a great tattoo...

wolfheart

Registered Member
It's not as bad as that Eph, if you follow the guides the tattooist gives you the problem of the scab coming to early is pretty much zero.
The main problem people have that I know is that scabs itch,so you get tempted to scratch it then you can pull off the scab.

My brother is in the process of having his entire back done with a large tiger design, the black work was very painful as it over the ribs and lower back,but then he is sitting for three hours at a time.
If I can find the pictures I'll try to get them up.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I would definitely be interested in seeing that. It will probably look amazing!

As for following instructions, that's good to hear. I'm pretty scrupulous with following instructions anyway, so I'd anticipate no problems then.