• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Your Set Up

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Well, I think I decided what type of gaming I am going to get into the next gen.

The Revolution will be my console and my 2nd system will be pc.

I just got a 32inch LCD Samsung LN-R3228W for christmas and it has all the HDMI, VGA connections and what not. Anyways, I love playing F.E.A.R on that TV.

I love it so much that I want to up my pc. I think I am going to go with 1GB RAM(Kengston) and will purchase a GeForce 7800GT. What are your guys' set up? Should this do for me? What other things would I want to upgrade?

Teorropy

Well, lets see,

Computer:

Athlon 3200 939 socket 64 bit
Radeon 800X 256
1 G Ram
80 G Hard (mine)
80 G Hard (wifes)
regular speaks with sub
regular sound
19 Monitor

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
How does it run? What kind of games have you pushed? I am going to get a double 512mb after doing some research. The processor I currently have is...dunno I forgot, but its 2.88ghz. Its already a pretty good machine, but it needs to be beefed up!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm running:

Mobo: DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
Processor: Athlon 3200 939 Socket (64 Bit)
Video: Radeon X850 XT (256 MB)
Memory: 2GB DDR RAM 4200
Storage: 300 GB HD
Sound: Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum (32 Bit)
Speakers: Bose surround sound run through a Sony 500 Watt Receiver/Amp
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 243t (24" widescreen LCD flat panel)

Then:

Mobo: Gigabyte P4 Titan 533
Processor: Pentium 4 1.9 GHz (32 Bit)
Video: Radeon 9800 XT (256 MB)
Memory: 1GB DDR RAM 2700
Storage: 360 GB Total (160 GB HD / 120 GB HD / 80 GB HD)
Sound: Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum (32 Bit)
Speakers: Kinyo something or other
Monitor: 19" generic

Then a P4 2.0 GHz Laptop with 512 MB Ram and a 60 GB HD and a 733 MHz Tower with 1 GB Ram, a 20 GB HD, onboard sound, and a 17" monitor. Both running WinXP Pro.

They are all networked together. Basically, I upgrade until I've maxed out the system, and when it's time to get a new computer, I don't sell the old one.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I figured I'd bump this topic and see if we can get some new responses. I'm running a home built computer with 512 MB ram, 160 gigs of hard drive, 256 Grforce 5500, and a Celeron clocked for 2.4, but I currently have it at 2.83 and I can easily overclock it to 3.0 and slightly higher. It's got a DVD-RW (8x, i belive) and a 52x cd/rw.