• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Your Purse/Wallet

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Do you enjoy having a nice purse or wallet? How is your current one?

Personally, I really like having a nice leather wallet. I don't like buying a cheapo either, I'll go out every few years or so and spend at least 30+ on a nice, strong wallet. I know this is more for the ladies since the purse industry is kind of insanely lucrative, but everyone, what are your thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have a nice leather bi-fold wallet that I've been using for years. It's showing a lot of wear on the corners, but I like it too much to replace it before it completely falls apart.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have a brown leather bifold wallet made by Kenneth Cole that matches a brown leather checkbook cover by the same maker. I like having a nice wallet and I hate trifolds.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
For hand bags, I go the cheap route. Hand bags are a little more on the fashion side of things, so I figure by the time my cheap hand bag wears out, that it will be out of fashion anyway and I'll want a new one.

My current one is lime green with a matching wallet. It is starting to get worn in the straps area, so the next time I'm in Dallas I'll probably go to Sam Moon and get another one. Sam Moon is the shit. Oh dear God. When typing up this post I googled it, and they are now online.

Also, I'm not one to buy designer hand bags. Especially if it runs in the hundreds of dollars. I usually keep it in the $30 - $40 range.

Now that I think about it, Kayleigh was with me when I bought this, and she was here with the brits some time around August of last year...so this hand bag has lasted me an entire year.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have a leather wallet as well, for the past 7 years.
Can you please give a bit more substance? I asked a few questions in the OP.

I have a nice leather bi-fold wallet that I've been using for years. It's showing a lot of wear on the corners, but I like it too much to replace it before it completely falls apart.
It's almost harder to part with those, isn't it? Kind of like a good pair of worn in jeans, not those fake ass "worn" jeans. Superficial yes but it's kind of cool to have an old worn out wallet.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't replace my wallet unless I absolutely have to. When I look for a new wallet I try to keep it a simple colored leather (black or brown) with some room for photos, clear poly for my ID, and plenty of space for cards because I tend to carry discount cards, my bank card, and so on.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's almost harder to part with those, isn't it? Kind of like a good pair of worn in jeans, not those fake ass "worn" jeans. Superficial yes but it's kind of cool to have an old worn out wallet.
For sure. I think it's just easier to get attached to things that get worn out, which shows how much you've used them. Whereas something like a pair of sunglasses doesn't show any wear (unless you break them). Maybe it's just me, but I don't get attached to my shades the same way I do with my wallet or a pair of jeans.

dDave

V.I.P.
For years and years I was running a vintage Coca Cola wallet, no more.

About a year ago I got a new half folding (as opposed to 1/3 folding) leather wallet. It's good quality, it has lots of space for cards, and it's brown (I don't do black, the wear is a lot more visible).

I think I spent about $15 on it and I'm gonna replace it whenever it wears out (no clue when that will be).

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a couple of nice purses but I like the one I'm carrying right now the best so I will probably keep carrying it until it wears out even if it doesn't match my shoes. I also have a leather wallet that I like and will use it until I have to buy a new one.