Your Prom Experience

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Considering most of the users here are either high school upperclassmen or college kids, let's talk about that wonderful time of drunken debauchery, uncomfortable clothing, and glorious, glorious awkward conversation.

This year at prom someone requested "Never Gonna Give You Up", thus Rick Rolling the whole prom. Besides that, the normal slow dancing, limo arguments, and girls with gorgeous dresses and hair strutting around applied.

Next year will have post-prom lulz as well.

TimmehD

Registered Member
I was too blazed to remember much of it. I remember going and remember dancing, I think. It was fun, that's what matters, right?

green8659

Registered Member
Didn't go to prom. My girlfriend was hot as hell but I have to admit I was kinda ashamed to be around my friends with her cause she was pretty dumb (not really but when it came to conversation she sure sounded like it). Instead we went out for a nice dinner and had some of the best sex I've ever had. Neither of us drink so I remember it just fine (pointing at you TimmehD) :)

TimmehD

Registered Member
Well...

In my defense, my girlfriend had the flu and I had to have something to do, eh?

This was only a few weeks ago, haha.

I never went to prom. Hell, I never went to a single dance throughout my entire K-12 education. I went to after-prom my senior year because I wanted to win the iPod they were raffling off, but my arch-nemesis on it. I was so furious I almost started punching people.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Mine was in the 80s so we definitely had Rick Astley too. Our class changed the normal rules of guys asking the girls out. This time it's the girls who had to go out and ask the guys (we can only invite people in the same HS). I remember thinking "so this is how it feels to be a guy wanting to ask a girl out without knowing whether he'd be turned down" - I'm so glad I'm a girl.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I never went to any prom, they just don't have them here.
And my highschool years were in an all-girls school anyway.. so there's no point to it.

I never went to prom. Hell, I never went to a single dance throughout my entire K-12 education.
I'm in the same boat as you. I never really found it to be appealing. I dunno... it seemed like the school just wanted to charge a whole bunch of money so the students would purchase a ticket and get stuck in a room for one hour. A bit of con-artistry from the school, I believe.

I went to after-prom my senior year because I wanted to win the iPod they were raffling off, but my arch-nemesis on it. I was so furious I almost started punching people
What in the WORLD?! Arch-nemesis? Maybe one day you'll share your story with a TV executive and they'll create a show out of it. Should be interesting...