Your preference; faces or heels?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I noticed when I did my top 5 wrestlers list that I listed 5 heels and had no faces.

What do you prefer or does it matter on the person?

I dont automatically like heels better but sometimes it just happens that way. Like I think HHH would be better suited as a heel...I just enjoy him better that way.

How about you guys?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It depends who it is to be honest. Some wrestlers I prefer them when their heels and not so much when their faces.

Like for example I couldn't stand Undertaker when he was a heel, but I love him as a face.

HHH I didn't like when he was heel, but I enjoy him as a face. But I wouldn't mind if he had a heel turn.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I think its a matter of keeping things fresh and switching it up. Cena, Taker, HBK, Batista and HHH as heels right now would be awesome cuz we havent seen it for awhile.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
I don't care about a Wrestlers disposition all I care about is entertainment value. Always liked Undertaker from day one, same goes for Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Samoa Joe, Kenta Kobashi etc.

I always liked heels better. They are more entertaining, seem to do more promo and work than the face and overall they get a boost in performance. To me, heels are the glue that keeps pro-wrestling alive.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree Vilky...

I think its much easier to get people to hate you then it is to get people to like you...for whatever reason. I love heel turns...more exciting then face turns...so I guess at the end of the day I like the heels more.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah heel turns are awesome, especially when you don't expect it. The best one being Hogan turning heel when he joined NWO.

wooly

I am the woolrus
The WWE can't book faces at the moment. All the faces in the company right now are smiley, humble, all round typical good guys. There's nothing exciting about characters like Cena or Batista, and even characters like MVP and John Morrison have suffered a little i think since their face turns. They've lost their cocky edge and personality.

For me the best faces are 'tweener' who are still fan favourites. Like Rock or Stone Cold. They were fantastic faces because they'd still put people down the same way they would when they were heel and they'd still kick someone's ass just for the hell of it. Or people like Eddie Guerrero who'd be a lying, cheating face. The WWE doesn't really have any characters like this at the moment, and most of the faces on the roster are booked incredibly boringly.

So at the moment: Heels. But i guess in the end it comes down to a wrestler's in ring ability and mic skills, and i think a lot of the most talented guys on the roster just happen to be booked as heels right now, so that probably helps.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The WWE can't book faces at the moment. All the faces in the company right now are smiley, humble, all round typical good guys. There's nothing exciting about characters like Cena or Batista, and even characters like MVP and John Morrison have suffered a little i think since their face turns. They've lost their cocky edge and personality.

For me the best faces are 'tweener' who are still fan favourites. Like Rock or Stone Cold. They were fantastic faces because they'd still put people down the same way they would when they were heel and they'd still kick someone's ass just for the hell of it. Or people like Eddie Guerrero who'd be a lying, cheating face. The WWE doesn't really have any characters like this at the moment, and most of the faces on the roster are booked incredibly boringly.

So at the moment: Heels. But i guess in the end it comes down to a wrestler's in ring ability and mic skills, and i think a lot of the most talented guys on the roster just happen to be booked as heels right now, so that probably helps.
Very good point about the faces in the company, Wooly. Kennedy was a good tweener for a while before he got hurt back last year...I can't believe I just complimented him haha.

Its the PG rating...plain and simple.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Japanese Professional Wrestling

Since The Great Muta was my last draft pick, I thought I'd start a thread on Japanese Pro Wrestling in general...

What does everyone think of it? Who are your favoritie performers? What company, if any, do you think is the best (e.g., New Japan, All Japan, etc.).

Do you watch, or know of any ways to watch? I've heard that it's possible with satellite, but unfortunately I don't really have that option. Is there anywhere online to watch their weekly programming (if they have it)?

What do you think of the relationship with US wrestling (such as TNA's interpromotional work with Japan)? Is Japanese work comparable to US wrestling? Better?

These are just a few topic thoughts, lol. I just wanted to get a thread going! :lick: