Your political party?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, May 5, 2009.

?

What is your political party?

1. Republican

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Democrat

26.7%
  3. Independent

20.0%
  4. Libertarian

6.7%
  5. Green Party

6.7%
  6. Constitution Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Reform Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other/Unaffiliated

40.0%
  1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

It's been a while since we've done one of these, just want to take a poll and see the demographics of political parties on GF.

2. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

Independent. Always trying to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am not a big fan of politics, and dont follow them as much as I should in my opinion. But I am conservative.

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I consider myself an originalist and a textualist, someone who interprets the Constitution as it was originally intended and by the words that it uses, so not a Democrat or Republican but it does mean that I lean conservative. I'm going Independent though since I don't belong to any party.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  5. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

100% unaffiliated.

Lately, I've found my political compass generally pointing Liberal (Canadian parties are both simply called Liberal and Conservative), but I still choose to disassociate myself with any particular political doctrine --> I'd rather decide my opinion on individual issues myself.

For example --> Last election, I thought the Liberal party's Green Shift tax plan was completely idiotic. Thus, I voted Conservative.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Unaffiliated. I'm not registered with any political party.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I consider myself independent or unaffiliated, but my views are pretty close to the Green Party.

8. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Independent. The issues of financial responsibility, abortion and energy independence accounts for probably 80% of my vote so that leaves out almost all Democrats and a good chunk of Republicans.

9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Undecided, but i am a lot more interested this time round because local elections are coming up and next year is the general!

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't like to align myself with any party since I find most people are presumptuous pricks who are ready to label you with everything they know of whatever party you claim to be from and seeing as idiocy lowers life expectancy . . I'm going to avoid affiliation.