Your Perfect Relationship?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
What do you consider to be the ideal relationship?

I find the perfect relationship to be almost impossible to find but for me I like a chilled atmosphere between my and my lady.

I like to have my own space and everything but still be close at the same time. She has to accept my interests and my passions but without taking a direct interest herself.

Money is no concern of mine, I don't care whether she's rich or poor but she must take pride in her appearance and good care of herself.

Hmm.
Definately a good mixture of personal space and closeness. I don't like it when guys are clingy or cold.
Relationships where you make eachother laugh are my favourite :nod: Not so much when its too serious.. but everything in moderation I guess!
As long as you can connect with the person throughout the relationship and have all the basic fundamentals (trust etc) then I'd say you're pretty much good to go.

Midget

Registered Member
The one I am in now. I am not saying it to just say. I honestly believe that these past 11 years have been amazing. No we are not married yet. But it is no big deal to us.

I am playful liked a kid, (Which is great when it comes to our kids.) to keep her un-serious. And she is serious enough to keep me in check. :)

We do have our arguments. But they are far and few between compared to our "friends". She has her things to keep her busy, and I have my things that keep me busy. And we have just the right amount of stuff that we both like.

I can't go more then a 1/2 hour without thinking about her. (Body specifically :p) And I can't keep my hands off of her. I personally think we have an amazing relationship. I just wish I could do more to relieve her stress. (She has a full time job and is a full time student.) I do as much of the house work as possible. And I do what I can to make sure the kids are all set.

Overall, I see only things getting better for us.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I think that you need to find the perfect balance between personal space and closeness, and childishness and seriousness.

It's all very well to have a laugh and a good time with someone, but you could do that with your mates anytime. You should balance out the childishness with serious commitment. Also, allow your other half to do as they please, because they will feel claustrophobic if you don't. It's a tricky formula to get right, but everyone likes to think thay've got it. I'd say I've got the perfect balance, but it takes years to get it anywhere near right.

That's not to say I don't like the situation I'm in now. I do. I love my girlfriend, with my whole soul. I loved her the first day I met her, and I love her more now. She's more than just my girlfriend, she's my BEST friend.

Maybe THAT is what makes a perfect relationship.

DeviousDi

Registered Member
In my relationship, I always seek trust and receive trust, that makes a relationship perfect, then comes your closeness with that person, you should know what ticks them off and they should know what ticks you off. I try not to be too strict with my boyfriend, I let him do what he wants, and he lets me do what I want. That's what makes a perfect relationship for me..it involves sex as well..yes.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Hmm.
Definately a good mixture of personal space and closeness. I don't like it when guys are clingy or cold.
Relationships where you make eachother laugh are my favourite :nod: Not so much when its too serious.. but everything in moderation I guess!
As long as you can connect with the person throughout the relationship and have all the basic fundamentals (trust etc) then I'd say you're pretty much good to go.
I agree with what Rebeccaaa said. Just to add, I like to have that feeling of stability that when I look into the future, I still see us. Each has the space to grow (not feeling stunted by the other), but in the process we also grow together.

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
The relationship I am in now is perfect. We trust each other, we understand each others needs, we make each other laugh, we support each other and we complete each other.
I am only 100% happy when he is around and I don't feel whole when he is away.

Syndicate knows me better than I know myself. It's scary at times. I love him more than anything in the world and I couldn't imagine life without him.

What do you consider to be the ideal relationship?
The one with my wife.

There is no "perfect" relationship, but since we have been married for 10 years, I think it is safe to say we have accepted each-others faults.

Well maybe that is the perfect relationship.... it's the one where you have accepted eachother's faults and don't try to change your partner but accept him/her for who he/she is.