• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your partner drinks...do you care?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We've seen a thread about would you date a smoker but would you date someone who drinks? Obviously if they are a ragging alcholic that's different.

Lets say they drink occasionally, party sometimes, and have been black out drunk before. Do you care? How much is too much?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It depends.
I wouldn't have a problem with someone drinking occasionally or every now and then as long as they don't get drunk.
They can drink everyday, little amount of alcohol but as long as they are able to control it, to me that 's fine.

As for someone who drinks and used to get drunk in the past regularly i'd be reserved. I might he afraid he goes back to his old habit.

Too much is when they can't do without it.

For example, I can drink everyday, never get drunk .. and even if I don't drink for the whole year after that, to me it's not a problem.
I'm looking for the same thing in my partner.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
As long as he doesn't drink more that me, I'm good!! haha
But on a serious note though, I would date someone who drinks, why not. As long as he is not a raging alchie, as you say and as long as he doesn't get aggressive or silly when he is drunk. And as long as it is not a too frequent a thing, I don't see the problem with it!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think you'll be surprised by my response, if they aren't alcoholics then it doesn't bother me. I like to drink occasionally and if she does as well then it's not such a big deal.

I know this isn't related to the topic, but I could never date a smoker.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My preference is that my partner does drink, to be honest. And that they occasionally party and get drunk every once in a while.

Personally I'm not a huge partier anymore. When I was in college I was a little bit more of a partier but now days I'll get drunk a couple times a month and that's about it. I wouldnt want to date someone completely against drinking and who would judge me for drinking. I also don't want someone who thinks partying is a way of life and that they always have to do it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If it was social drinking here and there, and even the occasional "drunk outta her mind" situation, I'd probably be able to deal. If it was a chornic problem like alcoholism, or just less than that but still an issue with frequency or control, I'd either avoid the relationship or try to help her if I saw a problem.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
If they went out to party's or the pub or something maybe 3-5 times a week that wouldn't really annoy me to be honest, I mean it's their life they can do what they want. But if they did that then I can't gurantee that our relationship would last very long as I'm not one for drinking alot during the week or going to the pubs.

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
I haven't had a drink in nearly 3 years. My hubby drinks on occasion. He'll have a few after work some nights (not every night) and maybe he'll have a couple if we go out with friends. Doesn't bother me at all.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yes, I would. I'd just be concerned if it's someone who cannot go a day without drinking (even if the person doesn't exhibit drunken behavior).