• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your parents?

dDave

V.I.P.
We've all got them (for some of us they're very distant)

Do you like your parents? Are/were they too controlling? Did they raise you the right way?

I love my parents and can think of many times where I was just plain mad at them :lol:. Later on down the road I can definitely understand why they did some of the things they did. They certainly trusted me to a certain degree and they have always been very reasonable people.

I think my parents are the greatest.

What do you think of your parents?

Sim

Registered Member
My parents are okay. Most of what they did when raising me was good, I think.

Nowadays, they can be a real pain in the neck, because it's apparently difficult for them to understand I'm not a kid anymore, so they're often very controling or caring a bit too much for my taste. And I have some troubles with my mother, as she is really quirky, but when I bite my tongue, it's usually fine.

I'm glad they're still rather fit and healthy, as they are relatively old already, so I'm glad they're still around and hope they will be for a while.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What do you think of your parents?
I think my father has tried his best with the hand he's been dealt. He hasn't always had it the easiest and I've never blamed him for any of the negative aspects of my life.

My mother gave me away when my brothers started getting a little older and she didn't want to have the burden of three boys and a baby. I'll never forgive her for it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My parents weren't all that great, never knew my dad and never got along with my stepfather. My mom was more interested in running around than taking care of me when I was little. Then when she married my step father I didn't see her much because I stayed with my grandparents. My grandparents took care of me for the most part and will always love them for that.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I like my mother well enough. She's sacrificed a lot to make sure all us kids stood a fighting chance. I can't think of a single thing I could complain about, even if I did, i'd be an ass for complaining about it.

As for my father? He chose to give up and not be in our lives growing up, except for the occasional visit. I'll always love him, as he's my father, I have to, and I have great respect for who he was before. I can respect that he's a good person, I just will always hate what he's done.

I won't even comment on my step-father. He was never a parent, just an authoritarian figure.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have great parents and I love them dearly. They're still together (which seems to be a rare thing these days) and they have done a fantastic job raising me and my sister.
They both have big hearts and they've always done what they could to make sure we were happy. They have worked their whole lives to give us a good life and I'll never forget that.

They both have awesome personalities as well and I constantly laugh with them. I love their company and we've always been close.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I love my parents and I am very close to them. They have always been there for me and have always been very supportive and loving. I don't know where I would be without them and I am thankful for all they have done for me.

Elanor

Registered Member
I love my Mum, she did her best to keep us afloat when my Dad was being a lazy git. She managed to keep herself together when I think a lot of people would of crumbled. I had a far from easy, brilliant childhood, but it would of been far worse if it wasn't for Mum.
I don't have many good things to say about my Dad, he left when I was 14, I haven't seen or spoken to him since, and it is coming up for 13 years. It may sound harsh, but things are better without him. He did himself no favours at all.

My step-dad is more of a dad to me these days. He looks after my Mum, and he can be very supportive.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have a great relationship with both of my parents, who are still together. I think they've done an outstanding job raising me and my sisters. They've never been too strict or controlling, but they didn't let us do whatever the hell we wanted either. It was a perfect balance. They've given me every opportunity in the world to succeed, and they haven't tried to forcefully steer me one way or another. They've always been supportive of the things I love, like my crazy hiking trips. I know they'll always love me and be there for me no matter what.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I love my parents, you'd have to be very miserable not to.

We never saw eye to eye when I was younger but now we are pretty close, I always do things for them and they respect me for it. I listen to them and take their advice. Wasn't the best 10 years ago due to family issues but I am glad I don't remember the most of it.