Your Parents and Video Gaming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yooperchick, Dec 13, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

I remember when my mom first played the Nintendo. She was playing Super Mario Brothers and she played the controller. I mean, her arms were stretching way out to the left when mario was going left and when he was jumping, she would jerk the controller up. For my young mind, I found this hilarious. I still do to this day when I think of it.

Anyone else have stories about their parents and gaming to share?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

My mom does that thing with her arms too, though I've only gotten her to play a couple games. I used to play Bases Loaded and Blades of Steel on NES with my dad all the time when I was younger. Actually we played NHLPA '93 and NBA Jam on Genesis a lot too. He used to be a lot better at videogames than he is now, even though the only game he could beat me at was Bases Loaded. He beat me maybe 2 or 3 times out of probably hundreds of games of NHLPA, and that was only when I'd be the worst team. The newer games are way too complex for him.

3. RossDude

RossDude Beep

I only got my mom to play one round of Star Fox 64 with me, and that was with a lot of convincing. I did play a lot of games with my dad though. He used to move the controller around while playing, but I think he eventually got over it because we played often enough. I remember playing a lot of Goldeneye and Star Fox 64 with him. Good times.

4. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

I find it interesting that our generation will be right there with our kids playing. I know I have been already with my son. I don't think I'll ever get to old for it.

5. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

I remember telling my mother a few years ago "If you really must get me summat for Xmas, you can get me the new Donkey Kong 64, I've been meaning to get it anyway".

"But you already have it, I've heard it when I'm at your place" she says. Then she quotes in the commentators voice from Smash Bros 64, as best she can "DOOONKEEEEY KONGGGGG!!!!"

That was one of the funniest things I had ever heard my mother say in my whole life :D:D

6. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

My mom loves my DS and wants one of her own. She loves Zoo Keeper, other puzzle games, I got both of my parents to play Donkey Konga, and I can almost gaurantee that the next gen with the revolution will have us play alot of games together.

7. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

Oh my god my parents used to do the arms thing too and it's so f*ing retarded. The only time really that any real gamer will do arm things is if the game suddenly spooks them somehow in some unexpected way, but doing it with every last thing is just pure beginner crap.

Why Starfox 64? Don't you think that that's something of a tough game for a non-gameplayer to get used to? I mean airplane controls... flying... persistant environmental movement..... in a fictitious setting.... I mean come on now..... training wheels man, training wheels....

aww man, you lucky bastad! those are all really cool games to play often in 2 player mode. Blades of Steel is classic, as is NHLPA 93. I had NBA Jam on SNES, and I imagine it's similar. Bases Loaded wasn't all that great IMO though. I could never get used to their reverse setup where you're looking at the batter from a 3/4 view instead of directly on at the pitcher. I remember me and one of my friends rented Bases Loaded one time and we kept striking out all damned day.

8. camshell

camshell New Member

"The only time really that any real gamer will do arm things is if the game suddenly spooks them somehow in some unexpected way, but doing it with every last thing is just pure beginner crap."

that is, until the revolution comes out.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Bases Loaded was awesome. My dad and I still laugh about it. We still remember a lot of the names of the players. We were both pretty good at it. I probably beat him more often than not, but I remember losing at least a few times and crying about it. :lol: I'd like to dig it out and try to play it again, but I think that was one of the harder games to get to work without getting all glitchy. My dad and I had several games glitch up right in the middle of it. Very annoying. There was this one time where my dad bunted and the ball went flying into the outfield all the way to the wall. I just remember we couldn't stop laughing.

10. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

whhhooWHATTHE FREAK??????!!!! :lol:

How the.....???

:lol:

Oh and also, have you ever tried the Baseball Simulator series? Those games are awesome. BS 1.000 on the SNES was the shits!

EDIT:

What, I can't say shits?

shits!

Shits!

S H I T S!!!