Your Own 5-Ingredient Fix

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by kitchendame, Sep 20, 2010.

1. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

On the Food Network there is a show called "Five-Ingredient Fix", which deals with recipes that contain only five ingredients.

It got me to wondering--do you have any favorite recipes that only call for five ingredients or less?

My scotch shortbread contains 4 ingredients:
    SCOTCH SHORTBREAD
    1 cup butter
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
    maraschino cherries
    --Cream butter and sugar together and work in flour. Chill; maybe an hour, or even overnight. Roll out to 1/4" thick on a lightly floured surface; cut with cookie cutters and place 1/2 maraschino cherry in the center of each. Bake @ 325 degrees F. on an ungreased cookie sheet until ever-so-lightly browned, maybe 15 minutes.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Ingredients of my Spicy Pork Burrito recipe are tomato sauce, El Pato hot chile sauce, refried beans, browned cubed pork, and flour tortillas. Despite its obvious simplicity, the concoction has its fans.

3. kitchendame

That sounds delicious, Tucker; you could have that made and be chowin' down before you got back from a fast-food place. I'm making this one for sure.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

My buffalo chicken dip! :)

Chicken
    Hot Sauce
    Ranch
    Cream Cheese
    Yellow Shredder Cheese

5. kitchendame

Well, the ingredients look fabulous...do you just add however much you feel looks right and then mix it all together? I'm guessing you cook and then shred the chicken... I have to try this Saturday, it looks to good to ignore...

6. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

How about Shepherd's Pie??
    Some people call it something different.....
    It consists of:
    Ground beef/Ground chuck
    Mashed Potatoes
    Green Beans/Corn
    Shredded Cheedar Cheese.
    Good Stuff!

7. kitchendame

Good stuff indeed, Dabs. I love shepherd's pie. Mine contains more than five ingredients, but this is a beautiful 5-ingredient recipe.