Your other brain..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Oct 14, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

No guys, not that one.:rolleyes:

Have you ever tried to spend the day working the opposite side of your brain? For example, logic seems to elude me because I am extremely 'right-brained'...case in point.

[​IMG]

It's a quiz for artists, but here's the link if you want to give it a go.

Right Brain Quiz for Artists -- The Questions

Anyways, have you ever tried to exercise the opposite side? I'm trying to work on logic like I said (basically an exercise in futility) but still interesting all the same.
    Not that it's quite the same, but I'm also using my left hand instead of my right.

Yup, bored.:nod:

2. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

You answered 13 items out of 20 as right brained.
    Your score is 65%. Your right brain is slightly dominant.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm fairly even and can be logical if I have to. I suck at the organization and cleaning and time management stuff though (case in point, instead of doing breakfast dishes and getting dressed, I'm wasting time on the internet).

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I got like, 80% but I had a few questions where after answering I thought I'm probably more like the other way.

I tend to be good at stuff involving both sides of the brain. I'm really good at logic and math

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I couldn't relate to the art questions so I took their other right/left brain quiz...for teens. :lol:

RESULT:
    You are middle brain dominant!

You are open minded but not gullible about things or people. You may run into trouble making decisions sometimes, while your logical brain plays tug-of-war with your gut instinct. You enjoy the arts, but you could also do well in science and math. You appreciate the beauty of all things in life, and are well-rounded.
    Even my brain is swiss. :rolleyes:

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I took it oo Ysabel..how funny!

Still a righty.:nod:

You are right brain dominant!

You probably get bored during long lectures and prefer to take classes with a lot of freedom of movement and thought. You like to write stories and even tell stories about your funny experiences. You might be a little suspicious of other people's motives sometimes, but that's only because you can usually tell whenever someone is lying or when they're up to no good. You are a little on the dreamy side--or a lot. You plan books or movie plots but you don't always follow through on things you think about. You should work on that. You are fun and spontaneous, and probably active in sports or clubs. Your feelings run deep, and it shows. You have strong instincts, and you solve problems on hunches and feelings. You are artistic in some way. You can believe in things based on experience, without seeing scientific proof. You might be a finalist on Survivor some day, since you know how to read people so well, and you have great survival instincts

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

You are a left brain dominant student!

You probably like some order in your life and in the classroom. You are comfortable listening to lectures and taking most test types, but you might be uncomfortable with open-ended essay assignments that require you to imagine scenarios. You want class directions to be clear. A disorganized teacher or unclear assignments will drive you crazy! You are good at analyzing problems to find the right answer. You may have considered pursuing a degree in science or math. You don't like mushy love movies. You might be a Jeopardy champ one day, not because you're smarter than right brain students, but because you are able to answer questions quickly.

Yeah, these totally don't conflict. Also, the analysis is off by a bit for me |: lemme go point by point:

Wrong
    -You probably like some order in your life and in the classroom. (well, some order sure, like I expect the math teacher to teach math, my bed to still be there when I wake up, things like that. Those kind of things are nice)
    -but you might be uncomfortable with open-ended essay assignments that require you to imagine scenarios
    -A disorganized teacher will drive you crazy!
    -You don't like mushy love movies. (I like romance movies)

Right
    -You are comfortable listening to lectures and taking most test types,
    -You want class directions to be clear.
    -unclear assignments will drive you crazy! (well, I like to know what they want, if they said, write a paper, I like to know required length, as well as what kind of topic, they want, if it's specific at all)
    -You are good at analyzing problems to find the right answer.
    -You may have considered pursuing a degree in science or math (Though I went with game design, focusing on graphic design)
    -You might be a Jeopardy champ one day, not because you're smarter than right brain students, but because you are able to answer questions quickly.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

ovcoarse

we just started the unit on the brain and nervous system in my A/P class. This morning my instructor said that they're starting to move away from the left/right-brain dominance theory because there are more cross-connections than previously thought.

8. GoEasy

GoEasy Registered Member

Left, woo!

You probably like some order in your life and in the classroom. You are comfortable listening to lectures and taking most test types, but you might be uncomfortable with open-ended essay assignments that require you to imagine scenarios. You want class directions to be clear. A disorganized teacher or unclear assignments will drive you crazy! You are good at analyzing problems to find the right answer. You may have considered pursuing a degree in science or math. You don't like mushy love movies. You might be a Jeopardy champ one day, not because you're smarter than right brain students, but because you are able to answer questions quickly.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Bullshit questions are bullshit.

"
    Question: 15. Your class is going on a hospital tour. Do you hide in the cafeteria during:
    Emergency room visit
    Newborn baby floor
    "​
    ------
    "You are a left brain dominant student!

You probably like some order in your life and in the classroom. You are comfortable listening to lectures and taking most test types, but you might be uncomfortable with open-ended essay assignments that require you to imagine scenarios. You want class directions to be clear. A disorganized teacher or unclear assignments will drive you crazy! You are good at analyzing problems to find the right answer. You may have considered pursuing a degree in science or math. You don't like mushy love movies. You might be a Jeopardy champ one day, not because you're smarter than right brain students, but because you are able to answer questions quickly."

Meh, I disagree. But clearly this test knows what it's talking about. I mean, it's on About dot com. A lot of the questions were bullshit, though. I want to know my left sided percentile, though.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

First test, even though I'm not an artist...

You answered 5 items out of 20 as right brained.
    Your score is 25%. Your left brain is strongly dominant

Second test...

You are a left brain dominant student!