• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

your name

redroses

Registered Member
do you like your name?
where you named after someone?
is there anything special about your name?
has anyone here changed there name?

most people seem to dislike the name they are given. i dont like my name, but couldnt imagine being called anything else now.

Dabs

Registered Member
I used to hate my name. I can't explain why, I just never cared for it much (as a young girl). I was named Deborah, but most everyone calls me Debbie. But in school, the teacher nitwits would always misspell my name, going the short route, with Debra, which made me hate it even more.
Then one day my Mother explained how I got my name. Seems my Mother's favorite actress was Debbie Reynolds and her real name also was Deborah, spelled the lengthy way. So Mother always wanted to name her daughter after Ms. Reynolds, if she ever had a girl. Well, she did! I am her only daughter. And what's even more interesting is the fact Debbie Reynolds and I share the same birthday, April 1st. So, the fact that my name meant so much to my Mother, was enough for me. I decided it wasn't so bad after all :)

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't really care for my name at all. I wasn't named after anyone, and there's nothing special about it except that it has an unusual spelling.

Bliss

Sally Twit
do you like your name? Yes. It's short and sweet.
where you named after someone? No. It was the only name my parents could agree on.
is there anything special about your name? No.
has anyone here changed there name? Not me. I would love to change my surname, though. Beurk.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
do you like your name? Yep! I'm fine with it, and it has a long history behind it. I like when names themselves have a history (outside of relation to family members).
where you named after someone? No, my parents just liked the sound of it.
is there anything special about your name? There's an Old Testament prophet with the same name that interpreted dreams, which is cool. It's supposed to mean "God is my judge."
has anyone here changed there name? Not me...

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
do you like your name?
where you named after someone?
is there anything special about your name?
has anyone here changed there name?

most people seem to dislike the name they are given. i dont like my name, but couldnt imagine being called anything else now.
My first name I like much better than my middle name. (Leida... yes, I know. :lol:)
I have never been told if I was named after anyone, so I do not know for sure.
nothing special about my name at all, it is ordinary.
No name changes for me.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
do you like your name? I didn't used to.
where you named after someone? Haha nope my mum kinda decided on it when she saw me.
is there anything special about your name? It's odd!
has anyone here changed there name? I haven't I was going to when I moved up north. I wanted to be called Georgia.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
do you like your name? Sure why not? It is short and easy to spell which was nice growing up when i had to learn it haha

where you named after someone? i was not...my middle name was given to me because it's my Dad's name but the first name my parents just liked.

is there anything special about your name? Nah, not really. I mean, at least in regards to how it was picked or anything. If there is something special otherwise I haven't taken the time to look it up haha

has anyone here changed there name? Nope...same throughout

Puck

Registered Member
do you like your name? It's ok. I can't see myself being anything else, so I guess I've gotten used to it.

where you named after someone? No one in my family, my mum saw the name in my aunt's (my dad's sister) yearbook and liked the sound of it.

is there anything special about your name? for being picked, not really. In the name itself, basically it means Man's defender, Trojan princess with the gift of prophecy, foretold the fall of Troy and such.

has anyone here changed there name? I haven't, but I know someone who has.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
It's ok. I've been called almost every variant form of rebecca (becky, beccy, becca, rebecca itself, etc) you can think of and gone through phases of liking and hating them all. Most people just call me by the nickname 'bex'. I think my family and friends got fed up of wondering which variation to call me lol.
I used to really hate rebecca but now I like it most out of all of them.

Named after anyone? Not that I know of.

Special? Nope.

Changed it, no.