Your Name

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cait, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Someone left me a comment asking me how to say my name and it took a lot of thought for me. I guess I'm so used to it. I don't know if this is just in my case, but if someone had no idea how to say your name, what would u say to them? Online, I mean.

2. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

here is one way......

person: hey jeru how do you say pronounce your name
    me: Jay Roo

see its Jay like blue Jay and then Roo like a kangaROO

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I'm pretty much I would just be like..

Bob.. but my last name, people use to ask me how to say it so I'd say Bowling without the N.

4. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Online I write it as uh-lee-suh and hope people get it. Or say it is like you are thinking and then the name comes to you "Uhhhh.. Lisa!"

As far as my last name goes.. I just say it is like the car company. Simple enough.

And there you have it ... Alisa Dodge.

5. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Colin is pretty much one of the most simple names to say in any situation.

ko-lynn.

I've heard that in the States it is sometimes pronounces 'Coe-lynn'.
    I'm not sure how that came about.

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

People always say my last name wrong. It's a long A, not a short one. But people constantly say it "Flahvin" instead of "Flayvin"

7. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Well, it's pretty much impossible to get Susan wrong so no problems there. My surname is tricky. I pronounce 'Hoon' as 'win' so I always have to correct people with the spelling.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

ruh bek ah

becks

beh key

ok, mine isn't difficult :lol: My surname isn't either, it's just a word you would find in the dictionary, but Americans usually find it funny.. maybe something to do with my accent when I say it.

9. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

My first name is pretty simple. Sometimes people from different coutnries tend to say it slightly differently but it's Marc, so there's not really much you can do to deviate from that.

My last name...I just don't even bother trying. It's Irish or Scottish (I forget which). People either get it horribly wrong or perfectly right. :dunno:

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Everyone calls me Rob but my name is Roberto which I don't know if anyone here can say with the correct rolling of the second r. My last name is in Spanish and it's said incorrectly all the time.