Your Most Valuable Collection?

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by dDave, Jun 8, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Alright I've noticed that a lot of people here collect many different things, here is a thread that applies to all types of collections.

"What is your most valuable collection?"

As for me my most valuable collection by far would be my coins

I have many different collections of coins but together they make a whole.

What is your most valuable collection?

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

tough one, one of my most emotionally valuable items is a Ruger MKII Pistol that was owned by my grandpa. Theres not an item in my current possession that I cherish more than that.

Other really notable stuff would be my collection of Signed McFarlane NHL figures. I've got a few spanning from Yzerman to Ovechkin.

As far as money is concerned though I've got a binder full of nhl rookie cards that include the likes of Patrick Roy, Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Steve Yzerman, Mike Modano, and tons of other Hall of Fame and current players. Theres no telling how much I could get for them if I were to put them up for sale.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I would have to say my comic book collection..Over 220,000 and counting.
    If I tried to put a value on the whole collection it would be somewhere around 2.1 million or so.
    I have it insure for 5 million but hope I never see the day I have to cash that policy in.

4. dDave

220,000?!!!! That's a load of comic books! I have like uh 20 comic books, haha.:D

5. FBrown89

FBrown89 Registered Member

Where do you keep them all? :shocked:

6. dDave

yeah I know seriously.

Surfer does your garage look like this?
    http://www.chris.mosby.org/images/100_0114.jpg

only of course on a much larger scale.

excuse me but I still can't imagine 220,000 comic books.

Surfer do you have a picture that you could post here?:nod:

7. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

I have a trumpet collection. If you add up my trumpets and all the accesories it comes to...5.5k

8. dDave

I have uh... 2 trumpets probably worth about $600 total with all of the accessories and everything. :D
    Of course my brother accidentally crushed one of them (stepped on it) so the value of the 2 added up would be more but... yeah. I actually only have 1 trumpet that is in working condition.

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Here ya go this is some pics of my old house with my collection taking up 5 rooms..My comic collection takes up a 20 X 20 room in my new house..Sorry i don't have pics of the new house..Still working on my new office and storage area. But the comics take up half om my garage and my toys take up the other half..BTW it's a two car garage.. here is the link to pics of my collection..http://www.generalforum.com/collectors-corner/welcome-my-world-1524.html you will need to scroll through the whole thread to see it all and even then that's not all of my collection..

10. dDave

that's weird surfer I can't seem to see any of the pictures in that thread, I may have to try it on a different computer.