• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your Monthly Cell Minutes?

How many minutes are you signed up for?

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How many cell phone minutes are you signed up for each month and how close do you get to actually using them all on average?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to get one soon and I'm trying to estimate average minute usage so I can keep that in mind when buying.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
None, because I'm on Pay As You Go, and I don't use texts a lot to justify buying that option every month.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
1500 minutes a month and use about 800. That doesn't include Sprint to Sprint, that's to landlines and calls to other carriers.

Bliss

Sally Twit
0 because I am also on pay as you go. I know what I am spending that way and I wouldn't be tempted to spend money I don't have.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I think about 400. I never get even close to that number though, so I should probably change the plan.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I get 250 rollover minutes. Sometimes I only use about 100...(N&W are free) sometimes I go way over the 250...but that doesn't matter because I usually have some rollover minutes in the wings.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm on a family share plan with my wonderful girlfriend, the lowest plan we could get on was 700 shared minutes (but unlimited text messages).

and the drum roll:

this last month I personally used a whopping 17 minutes. She used 60 minutes, bringing us to an astounding 77 minutes used out of 700 allowed! Now that doesnt take into consideration that calls made from Verizon to Verizon phones are free. So to be honest, the numbers are skewed a bit. But in all honesty, I dont use my phone all that often.

however my 1500 text messages speak for themselves ;)

AmandaBB

Registered Member
I also have a Pay as you go plan since I don't use my phone often enough to get a plan.
Skype, IM's and email are so convenient. ;)