Your Mental Screensaver

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altanzitarron, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

There are certain times when your mind isn't really focusing on anything in particular and it just drifts into thoughts of a place, person or even the lyrics of a catchy song or scene from a movie. I call this instance a "Mental Screensaver" because it's as if your brain is just doing something to keep it active. So what's your mental screensaver? where do you go in your head when nothing is demanding your immediate attention?

For me, I tend to drift into thoughts about anyone who I have strong feelings for. If it's a girl that I'm really infatuated with I usually end up thinking about her. However, other times I just lose myself in songs that have been stuck in my head. Yes I am a day dreamer :D

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Nice thread.:)

I'm a daydreamer as well. I'm also extremely visual, there are many times I'll be doing something (like walking my dog) only to discover I've gone a whole block without seeing anything I passed.
    I love getting lost in my thoughts. They usually consist of the person I hope to be with one day, the place I'd love to live, an art project I'm working on, or the next scene I'd like to work on for my writing.

3. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

I don't have just one.
    My head turns into a flicker book instead.
    It can be pretty torturous trying to get to sleep because of it. :-/

On the positive side though, that's when I have my more genius moments.
    The shower works too.

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I'm a day dreamer too. My mind tends to wander from place to place. I spend alot of time walking to where I need to go so I let my mind wander and before I know it I am there.

Some of the things I think about when day dreaming are : Comics that I have read, Movies, a costume or prop I am working on, video sequencing/editing, or just a Happy Flashback from my youth and even every now and then a Topic for the forum.

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Sounds just like me, with the addition of poems and song lyrics that form in my head throughout the day. last night, for example, the following emo fragment revealed itself to me during a smoke break:

Oh, what haven't I tried?
    I've cursed, I've cajoled and I've cried

You're invisible
    To me
    I'm disposable
    To you
    Love's conditional
    I see
    And divisible
    By two

My default 'idle-brain' music seems to be the Three Stooges' theme (the one chronologically between "Pop Goes the Weasel" and the "Hello... hello.. hello" ditty). Just now when I read the OP, though, I caught myself DJ'ing as ambient head music a bit of the beginning of Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel Like We Do."

You know:

doodly-doodloo
    doodly-doodloo
    doodly-doodloo
    dum, dum, dum, dum

...and so on.

As George Bush probably once said, a mind is a terrible thing to have.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

The one I am infatuated with. :nod:
    Interesting things happened yesterday and images keep popping my head.

It made school very... difficult today. :lol:

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

There's not one anymore. It used to be that I had one for when I was on the road. Basically I'd think about a guy skating along. i don't really have that anymore, as I haven't had nothing to think about in forever.

8. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Too many things to keep track of and pretty much none of any real use or purpose. I'll become a super human footballer, a pseudo playboy bunny, a video game sprite, a very-English ninja, a faithful boyfriend or king of my own tribe on a desert island. I actually drifted from reality just writing this message. When God discovers my misuse of his skull sponge, I'm coming back as a cucumber. Which reminds me of another mental screensaver..

Altanzitarron likes this.
  9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I usually think of fun conversations I've had with people I like. Then I laugh and if anyone can see me at that moment, I won't be surprised if they've taken me for a mad woman.

10. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Aslong as they don't take you away as a mad woman you'll be fine :D