Your Mental Image

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
of a n00b?

If your like me you've got mental images of the members here either based on a picture they posted, an influence from their avatar, or just personal association with their writing style. But how do you picture n00bs who have not displayed enough of the criteria? What is your default picture?

-----

For me its something like a 15 year old pee-wee herman behind a computer. Why? I dunno. Maybe the pee-wee part changes but 15 seems to be my brains default n00b age recognizer.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I play alot of online games, so when I picture "noobs" i see a little 12 year old, yelling and screaming at the screen because he keeps dieing.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
15 years old sounds like the average n00b age to me....

...But I have a tendency to judge people by their avatars first and foremost --> You can tell a lot about some people by their av/sig theme.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It depends on where they are posting. The gaming forum, I picture a young boy who need to get off the computer and freshen up. The dating and relationships forum, I picture a very young person, pre-teen and all the growing up pains of acne and pms. Religion forum, I picture them in conservative attire that you'd put if you were to distribute Gideon's Bible. And some others would be just really old and ugly, hence no picture. :lol:

KLaZik_BEATz

Registered Member
15 years old sounds like the average n00b age to me....

...But I have a tendency to judge people by their avatars first and foremost --> You can tell a lot about some people by their av/sig theme.
What does mine tell? Besides the obvious Obama supporter:stare:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
What does mine tell? Besides the obvious Obama supporter:stare:
I dunno... If I had to analyze it, I'd say:

Geeky, but not too geeky (a given, for anyone frequenting a forum). Possibly a dry sense of humour similar to my own. Mildly rebellious --> At the very least not afraid to challenge people when a conflict of opinions arises. Obama supporter.

KLaZik_BEATz

Registered Member
I dunno... If I had to analyze it, I'd say:

Geeky, but not too geeky (a given, for anyone frequenting a forum). Possibly a dry sense of humour similar to my own. Mildly rebellious --> At the very least not afraid to challenge people when a conflict of opinions arises. Obama supporter.
Geeky...:shake:
Dry sense of humor...:confused:
Rebellious...:nod:
Challenging...:nod:
Obama Supporter...:sam:

I can picture a 14-year old kid sitting in front of a computer, probably smoking crack, writing 80 paragraphs on something we all know about and then starts throwing a tantrum when they realize no one's commenting on their thread, even though its been only 10 minutes.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I always picture a noob on the internet as a person from the older generation, 50 plus. The silver surfer!

They are hunched over the keyboard, squinting at the screen and doing the index finger typing that older people do so well. To help with the mass of concentration required to type at a rate of 3 words per minute they have their tongue slightly sticking out at the corner of the mouth. Even though they have delved into the world of cyber space they still feel the need to have a hardback dictionary by their side.