• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your life...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should you be allowed to choose when your life ends?

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
I believe so. Your decisions=Your consequences.
But the real question is....When do you know when it's time to end it?

Baz

If we're talking about Assisted Suicide, then yeah we should have the right to decide when enough is enough as long as there's a medical reason for it and that either yourself or whoever has power of attorney are of sound enough mind after a psych evaluation, then it should be decided on by someone. Afterall the death penalty is still legal around the world for horrific crimes, so why shouldn't a person be allowed to die when they have no quality of life?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
EdgeHead said:
I'm too much of a wuss to commit suicide anyway.
This. I'd never have the "courage" to do it, and I'm proud of that.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Trust me. The only thing suicide does is take all of your pain and suffering and extend it to everyone that cares about you and magnifies it.

Now - if you're talking about assisted suicide for terminal patients who would much rather go out early than to have their loved ones watch them get worse and worse as days go by, then I kind of do agree with that. It shouldn't solely be your decision thou, certainly if married with kids. I think it would be more of a mutual decision.

The next hurdle would have to include the insurance agencies to allow that type of death for premiums. I'm not sure how they treat suicide now - but it was a bitch for my mother to get my father's life insurance. Even with him spending over a month in hospital from depression. That was 20 years ago.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
It's a hard question to answer, there's always the cases of people suffering from life threatening illnesses or even terminal ones, but ultimately suicide does just amplify the pain of those around you when you're gone.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a32782/brittany-maynard-dies/?visibilityoverride&src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1440_107518369
Good for her. Few people get to leave the world on their own terms and with so much dignity.