• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your "Just in Case Shed"

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
This thread has evolved from a drunken conversation I was having the other night. We were discussing the very usual hypothetical question of:
"what would you do if you were stupidly rich?"
One of my answers was that I'd have a shed (Garage to you Yanks) that I could stockpile with all sorts of items that I could use in the event of some sort of apocalypse. I would call it my "Just In Case" shed!

So I'm going to put this question to you, what would you put in your "Just In Case Shed"? What sort of apocalypse would you mainly be preparing for? Nuclear? Zombie? Rapidly evolving Penguins? Don't be afraid to be creative!

I'd definitely kit mine out with loads of guns, ammo and a chainsaw for some inventive zombie kills.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Haha awesome thread. Of course i'm preparing for those rapidly evolving Penguins, how did you know?

No seriously now, I want a zombie apocalypse to happen, so it would be kitted out with everything I would need to have some fun. Of course, the usuals of food, guns, ammo but also a wide variety of sharp things. Katanas, machetes, throwing knives, axes, etc. I like sharp things :) And some sort of zombie proof vehicle of course.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
If I see a penguin in Derbyshire, I think the general oddity of it, whether they're super evolved or not will make me keel over in laughter. By which point they will use their eye-lasers and fry me like Sea Bass.

As for stupidly rich, this is one hypothetical question I find hard to answer properly. This is because I don't have a Scooby-Doo about what I would do. I'm pretty crap with money. I think an initial response to maddening wealth would be to have a few pints and buy a hundred cigarettes. And go a bit mad for a bit. Then maybe I'd go madder and get myself a good shed. Along with my awesome survival supplies, like a crossbow and a bicycle, I'd have a dartboard in there, for general darts and crossbow practice... This would be a dartboard with a zombie/penguins face on it. 50 points for the eye. It'd be a riot. Oh, and I'd get a patio heater and gazebo thing, I really want those.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
All I need is plenty of beer in mine so I can stay drunk and not give a damn about whats going on in the outside world.

My choice of weapon would be a light saber.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think I'd go for the sort of weapons you can throw. Maybe I could throw a grenade in a zombie's mouth. How awesome would that be?
I wouldn't want any guns but I wouldn't mind some big swords. I'd love weapons from way back when. Bow and arrow and cannons!

Vecoli

Registered Member
My choice of weapon would be a light saber.
Haha I love that, a lightsaber would be awesome. I do archery so personally I'm a fan of a bow and arrows although I don't think it would be very practical for fighting off hordes of zombies. I would also have a lot of long range guns so I don't need to get to close and probably a massive armoured car for easy travel.

Wade8813

Registered Member
In reality, I'd probably just have water, some food, and maybe a single weapon with some ammo.

If it were a fictional (but semi-realistic) "prepare for anything" deal, I'd have a tank (I have a friend who used to drive tanks in the Marines). I'd have stockpiled food, but also have renewable sources (a garden or something). I'd have power sources, I'd have an underground bunker with escape tunnels, I'd be near an underground stream, etc.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't know anything about weapons so my just in case shed will probably filled with natural survival materials (not for combat) so I can lock myself inside until everyone outside who is a threat to my life has died. Food, meds, entertainment...

Italiano

Film Elitist
I'd definitely kit mine out with loads of guns, ammo and a chainsaw for some inventive zombie kills.
No seriously now, I want a zombie apocalypse to happen, so it would be kitted out with everything I would need to have some fun. Of course, the usuals of food, guns, ammo but also a wide variety of sharp things. Katanas, machetes, throwing knives, axes, etc. I like sharp things :) And some sort of zombie proof vehicle of course.
Brothers! I too would prepare for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

I would stash the following:

-All the necessary food and water supplies
-A trench tool
-Beer
-Liquor
-Cigarettes
-Cigars
-Mark 14 EBR
-Winchester Model 1887
-Colt 1911
-Sawed-off double barrelled shotgun
-.357 Colt Python
-Demolition charges
-All the necessary ammunition
-Lawn chairs
-Tactical clothing
-Casual clothing
-Collection of DVDs
-Video games
-Boardgames
-Friends
-Girlfriend
-Petroleum gasoline
-Vehicle
-Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
-Other various books for entertainment

So yes that's a handful on what I would keep in my "Just In Case" Shed. Apologies for the rant. I get into it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
If you're not preparing for the zombie apocalypse, then you're wasting your time. Haha.

I would stock my "zombie shed" with bottled water, canned food, Twinkies, a rifle, a shotgun, a handgun, a machete, flashlights, batteries, flares, extra sets of clothes, an iPod & a charger (for when there is still power), I'd also pack a Vita & some games, some books.

I'm forgetting things... but this will do for now. Ha.