• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your Jacket?

dDave

V.I.P.
The hats thread sort of got me thinking...

I know I can't be the only one that wears a jacket everywhere, it's just something I've sort of grown used to, can't bother to explain why.

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I'm in Colorado. Our summers are warm but occasionally we'll get a really cold day or someone will have the AC set too high somewhere.

I'll always wear a light jacket around in the summer and into the early parts of the winter. I wear several of these including Umbro, Jordan, and NIKE brands.

During the colder parts of the year I'll wear this corduroy jacket.

And my full blown winter jacket (I also use this for skiing)

I'll also bring my leather driving gloves everywhere with me during the winter months (I'll usually leave them in the car)

Anybody else wear jackets?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only time in the summer I have worn a jacket or my insulated coveralls was in Colorado. Around here I wear a denim jacket or a sweater in the mid fall, winter and early spring when going somewhere. Unless this winter is different I don't have a need for a heavy coat most of the time anymore. If I'm out in the weather all day here at home and its cold enough I wear insulated coveralls. Ha ha, I'll also wear a fur cap.

Falconer

Registered Member
I have a light Barbour-style (not real Barbour, sadly) that I wear most of the year, and a leather jacket for when the weather gets heavy. I have also been known to run around in a cream-coloured trench coat or long black one, when the mood strikes.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have a light Barbour-style (not real Barbour, sadly) that I wear most of the year, and a leather jacket for when the weather gets heavy. I have also been known to run around in a cream-coloured trench coat or long black one, when the mood strikes.
I've always wanted to get a trench coat! They're so cool. :cool:

Only problem is that it simply doesn't fit my style. I like the looks of a black one but the only kind I think I'd be able to pull off would be the tan/brown kind.

Barbour jackets are pretty good too, I don't own one, but if I did then I'm sure I'd like it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have a handful of jackets that I wear depending on the weather. I got some of them for my long distance hiking trips, but they're all very practical for everyday use in the spring, fall, and winter.

This is the rain jacket I bought for the Pacific Crest Trail. It's waterproof and has a hood, which is a must for a rain jacket. Best of all is that it only weighs 7 oz, so I don't really feel the weight when I'm carrying it in my pack. I mostly use it for hiking, but I also use it around town when it's raining in the spring or summer.

Next up is my winter shell. It's Gore-Tex and fully waterproof. It's a lot heavier than my rain jacket, so it's perfect when it's cold and rainy or snowing.

I have one of these Patagonia puffy vests that I like to wear under my winter shell, or even on its own. It's nice and warm.

And then finally my favorite jacket. It's a lined wind jacket, which I wear pretty much everywhere if the weather is cool. I've taken this one on all of my big hiking trips and it's great in any conditions.

I also have a generic fleece pullover that I used to wear all the time. Now I just wear it around the house when it's cold in here.

kopo

Registered Member
I usually wear a normal coat, just black. I don't usually go outside so I don't mind about what I look like in public.

Elanor

Registered Member
I have a lightweight jacket that I wear in the spring/autumn when the weather has no idea what it is doing, it is easy to carry if I get a bit too warm. For the winter I have a black Parka, it is so warm in the really cold weather, only problem with it is that it could do with being a bit longer. But, I love it! I look forward to freezing cold weather just so that I can wear it.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I love a lightweight jacket and if prefer it to a good hoodie.

This reminds me, in Breaking Bad the characters always had a hoodie jacket or some type of long sleeve. Is it that chilly in Albuquerque New Mexico ?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I have a long brown leather coat that I absolutely love. I really only have the one leather jacket and I'm lucky if I get to wear it 3 times a year. Our winters aren't really cold enough for warm coats. But I still love my jacket!!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't own a jacket anymore. I had one for a long time that I loved but it seems to have disappeared on me: